When we first pulled this motherboard out of the box, we were impressed with how the large chipset heat sinks for cooling make this board feel like a tank. This motherboard has very strong construction and a good, solid feel to it.
We were also impressed with the layout of all the connections; all are positioned near the edges so that no cables or wires would cross over the motherboard. It is a very clean design, which allows for unobstructed airflow through the case. This is important for 1U and 2U size cases so that everything runs nice and cool.
Installing CPUs, heat sinks, and RAM was a snap, and we had this board up and running in no time.
About the only problem we had was when trying to install a video card. There is only about 6.5 inches from the back of the board to the RAM slots and CPU heat sinks. This would limit the type of GPUs that you could install, but this is not really that type of board. A better use for the two PCIe slots is with network expansion cards.
The type of application that you run would determine what CPUs that you use. If you require higher speed single cores, then an E5-2687w v2 might be a better choice. Or you can go with E5-2695 v2s for stronger multi-threaded apps. Either way, this board can handle this with ease.
With a max capacity of 512GB RAM, this board would also work well with VM applications. With the storage options, it would make a very good storage box or SAN.
Warranty is a limited period for parts and labor of one year, which could be a deciding factor for you. At the time of writing, the price of the ASRock EP2C602-2T/D16 was $475.99, which is a little high, compared to other server motherboards in this class. You do get very nice storage options with this board, so you must consider those. Check below for up-to-date pricing.
PRICING: You can find the ASRock EP2C602-2T/D16 Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The ASRock EP2C602-2T/D16 Motherboard retails for $599.87 at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Unlock Android N's full potential with this top course
- Xiaomi's VR headset looks good and costs only $29
- Xiaomi Mi MIX rocks its edge-to-edge display
- Xiaomi Mi Note 2 is basically a Note7 but cheaper
- Nintendo Switch gameplay graphics are subject to change
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage