We've taken a look at many units from Xigmatek here at TweakTown; and I must say that I've never really been impressed with their offerings. They seem mostly targeted toward the lower-end of the market, and as an enthusiast myself, I tend to look toward the other end of the market. Aside from that, their performance hasn't been anything that was over the top, and neither has the price. Their power supplies have always just felt like they were another random unit in the pile, and nothing that screamed: "PICK ME, PICK ME!!!"
The new Vector P700 from Xigmatek feels a little different though, and I'm intrigued by just looking at pictures of the unit. It has a little bit of extra flair in the design, and it really pops. It will most certainly stand out in the case as something more than just a power supply.
It also has their Reverse Thrust Fan Technology, which allows the fan to run backwards to help clear some dust. Add in the high efficiency of the unit, and there is more than enough to grab my attention. None of this is worth a darn if it isn't able to keep your system up and running though, so let's check it out and see what it has to offer all the way around.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The Xigmatek Vector P700 700W power supply features dual 12V rails. Each rail is rated for 38A, with a combined output of 58A, or 696W. Both the 3.3V and 5V minor rails are rated for 20A each, with a combined output of 75W. This is significantly lower than we've seen out of any power supply in the past, so don't expect to use this for powering an array of 25 SSD's in RAID0. The 3.3V rail is rated for 3A, or 15W. Maximum combined output for the Xigmatek Vector P700 is 700W.
Something that I don't think that we've seen to date is a full feature chart from Xigmatek. The Vector P700 doesn't disappoint on this front, and scores well on everything. There is a full suite of protections, including SCP, OVP, OCP, OPP, and OTP. The P700 is rated for 80 PLUS Platinum efficiency. The unit features both native and modular cabling. All cables are fully sleeved with nylon mesh. The Xigmatek Vector P700 is rated for 100% continuous output at 50C.
At the time of writing, Xigmatek has an MSRP of $189.99 on the Vector P700. This places the power supply towards the upper end of the price spectrum. I searched high and low, and short of a few being sold on EBay, it seems that the Vector P700 just isn't possible to find for sale in the USA. If you can find one for purchase, Xigmatek will back it with a three-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Colorful announces iGame GTX 1080 Ti Vulcan X OC
- What Zelda: Breath of the Wild would look like on NES
- Blizzard paves the way for Diablo II Remastered
- NASA astronaut sets a new record for time spent in space
- Alien Isolation 2 might be in development
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- HyperX Pulsefire FPS Gaming Mouse Review
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family
- HyperX Cloud Revolver S gaming headset now shipping
- SK Hynix introduces industry's fastest 8Gb graphics DRAM (GDDR6)
- Samsung and Amazon Video deliver next generation HDR video experience with updated open standard HDR10+
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club