The cable summary looks much more complicated than we're used to seeing for a 550W unit, but this an almost perfect lineup. As always, we have the 24-pin Main connector. What we don't always have is a power supply with dual ATX 4+4/EPS12V connectors. There is a single cable with two PCI-E 8-pin connectors on it. This will take care of many people, but I'd like to see a second included for those who want to run a pair of lower-end GPUs. There are a total of 8 SATA and 6 Molex connectors spread across five cables of varying lengths. There is also a single FDD connector on one of the Molex cables.
Rail distribution is as simple as it gets, with a single 12V rail. There is no need to worry about load balancing here.
A Look Inside
Low wattage units don't have anywhere near the thermal dissipation requirements that the higher wattage units do. Nevertheless, it is nice to see plenty of cooling, as that helps with efficiency.
A single Hitachi capacitor resides on the primary side of the power supply.
The secondary side of the power supply is fitted with Rubycon and Nippon Chemi-Con capacitors.
Rounding out the inside of the power supply is the Ong Hua HA13525H12F-Z 135mm fan. It is rated for .5A, and 2300 RPM. I highly doubt that you'll ever get it to spin that fast, since this is a low wattage unit.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Tetris' movie becomes a trilogy, we don't know why
- Twitter hires ex-Apple UI designer to lead its VR and AR division
- 4K UltraHD Blu-ray disc sales off to a roaring start
- Microsoft has made over 1 million Xbox One Elite Controllers
- WB delays Batman: Return to Arkham, devs need more time to polish
- USB speed differences between various motherboards and BIOSses
- Need help with pre-built/used GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0 System
- AsRock Z87 extreme 6
- GIGABYTE X99-Phoenix SLI (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- Deleted driver software
- Be Quiet! announces the Dark Base 900 case
- Western Digital launches world's fastest 256GB microSD Card
- MSI readies B150M Mortar Arctic & B150M Bazooka Plus motherboards
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities