GamerStorm Gabriel Low-Profile CPU Cooler
From this side of the Gabriel, it is easy to see there are three distinct sections of the aluminum fins. There is the thin section to the right, and as that moves left, the fins get a bit deeper. Those same longer fins also step back at the lower section to assure this cooler will fit where it is intended to go.
We have all seen pipes coming out of fins, and this is why the focus is on the lower section. There you will find the embossed logo that is in every fin of the cooler, and you will also get a visual of the sticker applied there.
On the other side of the Gabriel, we see the fin design has changed. There is a cut-away near the front of this side, but the rest of the fin shaping is the same as we saw on the opposing side.
As the heat pipes run from the base to the top of the fins where they run through the cooler again, there is a spread to them that puts them under the most efficient part of the fan. Also, the fins are creased for a bit more solidity, and again we can see the embossed logo.
Looking at the top of the Gabriel, we see that there are spacers folded down between each fin to keep the spacing correct. I am still not sure of the reason for the notch in the design, but we have to assume there was good reason for it to be added, just not sure what that would be.
As we zoom in near the heat pipes, we see that they have the fins pressed over them after each pipe has been nickel plated. While soldering is typically best, these fins are very tight in their fit to the pipes.
Flipping the Gabriel over, the sections of the fins are much easier to discern now. The lower section of fins is cut to allow the tops of the pipes to rest against the fins, but they are also soldered to the copper base plate that has also been plated.
Against a razor, the base is very flat from edge to edge, and from corner to corner. There is a bit left from the milling process, and even after coating the copper, marks are easily visible in the surface.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [GamerStorm Gabriel Low-Profile CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [The Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- 6S Marketing hopes Apple names new phone the iPhone 7, not iPhone 6s
- Pandora announces Listener Love Day on Sept. 9, a day of ad-free music
- Xbox manager: 2015 shaping up to be best year of gaming since 2007
- Entrepreneur voices concerns robots could have on human workforce
- Simplify World Travel With the Twist Plus+ World Charging Station
- Are these the same?
- Really Need help with Asmedia SATA Bios/Drivers settings
- ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 support Intel SSD 750 Series
- Saberthooth 990FX gpu passtrough
- asrock x99 extreme 4 extra pins
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015