If you read our SSD reviews often, you might have noticed we didn't run the battery life test today. The 840 EVO supports DEVSLP, but our Lenovo W530 doesn't. We're currently waiting for a new Lenovo T540 with DEVSLP support to arrive. When it hits the door, we plan to publish a new article with all of the new DEVSLP supporting SSDs, and their battery life performance in MobileMark 2012.5. Check back in January for the update.
I'm not surprised by the performance of the 840 EVO mSATA 1TB. After installing the 2.5" 750GB model in my daily use notebook, I continue to be impressed with the drive's responsiveness, capacity, and ability to handle my I/O heavy applications. Until now, going mSATA meant a compromise in performance due to the amount of interleaving between the flash, and the controller. The Samsung 840 EVO doesn't appear to have this issue, since the performance is very close to that of the 2.5" model.
While unleashing the new mSATA products, Samsung also enabled a handful of features for the EVO class products. TCG Opal and eDrive are now supported, features which were promised at the Samsung SSD gathering when EVO launched.
All things considered, the 840 EVO isn't just a nice addition to the mSATA class of products: It's the new flagship. The MSRP for the 1TB model might cost as much as your entry-level Ultrabook, but if you use the notebook for more than just face-twitting, then the extra capacity and performance are welcome additions, and aid in fulfilling the best all-around experience.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung making next-gen 4K mobile displays with 800PPI
- HIS roars, launches their Radeon RX 500 series cards
- Intel launching 12C/24T chips with X299 on May 30
- GTA V is teaching autonomous cars how to drive
- Twitch plans to rope YouTubers with new tip system
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- Looking for instant flash bios files for P67 Pro3 B3
- Planet Earth II 4K Blu-ray Review
- Promise Technology Apollo Cloud 2TB Review
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club
- Nokia announces next-generation technologies for the advancement of virtual reality with 'OZO Reality' vision and partner ecosystem
- Razer expands the Razer Hammerhead v2 in-ear audio line with Bluetooth and iOS Lightning models
- MSI announces new thin and light GP62X and GP72X Leopard Pro Series gaming laptops
- EK is releasing Full-Cover water blocks for the ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti