If you read our SSD reviews often, you might have noticed we didn't run the battery life test today. The 840 EVO supports DEVSLP, but our Lenovo W530 doesn't. We're currently waiting for a new Lenovo T540 with DEVSLP support to arrive. When it hits the door, we plan to publish a new article with all of the new DEVSLP supporting SSDs, and their battery life performance in MobileMark 2012.5. Check back in January for the update.
I'm not surprised by the performance of the 840 EVO mSATA 1TB. After installing the 2.5" 750GB model in my daily use notebook, I continue to be impressed with the drive's responsiveness, capacity, and ability to handle my I/O heavy applications. Until now, going mSATA meant a compromise in performance due to the amount of interleaving between the flash, and the controller. The Samsung 840 EVO doesn't appear to have this issue, since the performance is very close to that of the 2.5" model.
While unleashing the new mSATA products, Samsung also enabled a handful of features for the EVO class products. TCG Opal and eDrive are now supported, features which were promised at the Samsung SSD gathering when EVO launched.
All things considered, the 840 EVO isn't just a nice addition to the mSATA class of products: It's the new flagship. The MSRP for the 1TB model might cost as much as your entry-level Ultrabook, but if you use the notebook for more than just face-twitting, then the extra capacity and performance are welcome additions, and aid in fulfilling the best all-around experience.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gmail Android notifications bug fix rolling out this week
- AMD's next-gen Opteron to have 32 cores, 8-channel DDR4 support
- This ASUS-powered custom PC based around Far Cry Primal looks insane!
- LG G5 will feature always-on display
- Fight hordes of demons in the Neverwinter: Underdark expansion
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance