As we found out through our testing, the Toshiba DT01ACA100 is quite the performer when it comes to sequential workloads. Herein, we found chart topping performance that rivals that of the previous generation Seagate Barracuda .14, in the same capacity. However, maintaining this type of performance, with admirable power consumption, is a real feat.
Power consumption of the 1TB model was rather impressive. While random read/write was around five watts, the sequential power consumption led us to believe that there is some sort of read-ahead algorithm in place, as the chart depicted a wave throughout. Even with this, the peak power consumption of the drive reached just a touch under six watts, and coupling that with the sequential performance of the drive, we may have one of the best performance per watt drives in our hands right now.
As stated in the introduction, the pricing for the 1TB DT01ACA100 from Toshiba is set at $54.99, and is available from a broad range of etailers. The drive carries a two-year warranty from Toshiba.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Toshiba DT01ACA 1TB HDD]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 4K Random Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Drive Acoustics and Power Consumption]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Terminator' to wrap with creator James Cameron's return
- PC gaming hardware market hits $30 billion
- Nintendo Switch battery life analysis
- Resident Evil 7 isn't coming to Nintendo Switch
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild's Hyrule is bigger than Skyrim
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni