As we found out through our testing, the Toshiba DT01ACA100 is quite the performer when it comes to sequential workloads. Herein, we found chart topping performance that rivals that of the previous generation Seagate Barracuda .14, in the same capacity. However, maintaining this type of performance, with admirable power consumption, is a real feat.
Power consumption of the 1TB model was rather impressive. While random read/write was around five watts, the sequential power consumption led us to believe that there is some sort of read-ahead algorithm in place, as the chart depicted a wave throughout. Even with this, the peak power consumption of the drive reached just a touch under six watts, and coupling that with the sequential performance of the drive, we may have one of the best performance per watt drives in our hands right now.
As stated in the introduction, the pricing for the 1TB DT01ACA100 from Toshiba is set at $54.99, and is available from a broad range of etailers. The drive carries a two-year warranty from Toshiba.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Toshiba DT01ACA 1TB HDD]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 4K Random Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Drive Acoustics and Power Consumption]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- WB delays Batman: Return to Arkham, devs need more time to polish
- New Windows 10 Anniversary Update release date leaked
- Doom update makes it feel more like the original
- Overwatch Competitive Mode launches on PC
- Amazon says you can have an Oculus Rift by tomorrow
- USB speed differences between various motherboards and BIOSses
- Need help with pre-built/used GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0 System
- AsRock Z87 extreme 6
- GIGABYTE X99-Phoenix SLI (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- Deleted driver software
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines