As we found out through our testing, the Toshiba DT01ACA100 is quite the performer when it comes to sequential workloads. Herein, we found chart topping performance that rivals that of the previous generation Seagate Barracuda .14, in the same capacity. However, maintaining this type of performance, with admirable power consumption, is a real feat.
Power consumption of the 1TB model was rather impressive. While random read/write was around five watts, the sequential power consumption led us to believe that there is some sort of read-ahead algorithm in place, as the chart depicted a wave throughout. Even with this, the peak power consumption of the drive reached just a touch under six watts, and coupling that with the sequential performance of the drive, we may have one of the best performance per watt drives in our hands right now.
As stated in the introduction, the pricing for the 1TB DT01ACA100 from Toshiba is set at $54.99, and is available from a broad range of etailers. The drive carries a two-year warranty from Toshiba.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Toshiba DT01ACA 1TB HDD]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 4K Random Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Drive Acoustics and Power Consumption]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New 4K Xbox Scorpio targeting 6TFLOPs, 1.5 times faster than PS4K
- E3 site lists Xbox One VR category with Oculus Rift devs attached
- New 4K Xbox to support Oculus Rift VR headset
- GeIL reveals new EVO FORZA DDR4 3866MHz RAM
- Tesoro teases new IR key switches for Computex
- Asrock 3-Way 2S2S SLI Bridge Card
- Amped Wireless Athena AC2600 RTA2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Router Review
- ASRock 990FX Extreme9 IPMI Module?
- Tweak Launcher dont work with x99-sli mobo
- SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- GeIL announces new EVO FORZA DDR4 hardcore gaming memory
- Tesoro to showcase new infrared key switch at Computex 2016
- Colorful introduces first custom GTX1080: Colorful iGameGTX1080 X-TOP-8G
- CybertronPC offers new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics on all desktops
- Inno3D announces new GeForce GTX 1080 video cards