Inside the MAX Keyboard Blackbird TKL
Once the Blackbird is torn apart, the bright red PCB was something unexpected. Not only pleasing to look at, all of the LED and switch solder points are done cleanly, and all flux and residue is cleaned from the PCB.
The USB 2.0, two port hub, is controlled by the Genesys Logic GL850G. The high speed controller offers high speed traffic, and runs on a RISK-like 8-bit microprocessor on die with a performance rating of 6 MIPS at 12MHz.
This is the ELAN EM78F644N microprocessor and flash memory. This is the IC that drives the abilities and features that the keyboard offers and is also where the custom lighting profile is saved when set.
This Cypress Cy7C63413C-PVXC is yet another USB 2.0 controller, but this time, for the keyboard switches, where that Genesys IC was specifically for the hub. This IC is also 8-bit and also runs at 12 MHz.
The Texas Instruments TLC59282 IC is the 16-channel constant current LED driver. This is capable of running 45 mA per channel, and offers a max voltage of 17V for this drive IC to push.
Reassembly of the Blackbird is fairly simple and once together we powered it on and set the LEDs to their brightest setting. Across most of the keys the lighting my look white, but a glance to the right or left side shows the blue more clearly.
We then went ahead and turned on the side panel lighting. As you can see the entire panel glows with the blue lighting that is derived from a single LED at the back edge of these side panels.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Ubisoft's latest 'The Breach' trailer for Rainbow Six: Siege
- Quentin Tarantino explains his love for 70mm, says it trumps digital
- Man gets shot, instead of calling the cops, he grabs an Uber home
- New Fallout 4 mod dramatically overhauls in-game landscapes
- Apple rumored to remove the 3.5mm headphone jack from the next iPhone
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Problems With USB3
- Star Wars Battlefront PlayStation 4 Review
- "Cheap" 4K Rig
- wifi card for gigabyte x99m gaming 5 microatx
- Newly built PC won't boot
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis