Inside the MAX Keyboard Blackbird TKL
Once the Blackbird is torn apart, the bright red PCB was something unexpected. Not only pleasing to look at, all of the LED and switch solder points are done cleanly, and all flux and residue is cleaned from the PCB.
The USB 2.0, two port hub, is controlled by the Genesys Logic GL850G. The high speed controller offers high speed traffic, and runs on a RISK-like 8-bit microprocessor on die with a performance rating of 6 MIPS at 12MHz.
This is the ELAN EM78F644N microprocessor and flash memory. This is the IC that drives the abilities and features that the keyboard offers and is also where the custom lighting profile is saved when set.
This Cypress Cy7C63413C-PVXC is yet another USB 2.0 controller, but this time, for the keyboard switches, where that Genesys IC was specifically for the hub. This IC is also 8-bit and also runs at 12 MHz.
The Texas Instruments TLC59282 IC is the 16-channel constant current LED driver. This is capable of running 45 mA per channel, and offers a max voltage of 17V for this drive IC to push.
Reassembly of the Blackbird is fairly simple and once together we powered it on and set the LEDs to their brightest setting. Across most of the keys the lighting my look white, but a glance to the right or left side shows the blue more clearly.
We then went ahead and turned on the side panel lighting. As you can see the entire panel glows with the blue lighting that is derived from a single LED at the back edge of these side panels.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The Division on PC is held back, as it would be 'unfair' to consoles
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- I am the new guy
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance