Taking a look at the card, you don't really see anything new when it comes to the overall look thanks to the cooler taking up majority of the card. The IceQ X2 cooler isn't anything new to us and you can see the dual fan setup along with the copper heat pipes coming out the bottom of the card.
Taking a look around the card, you can see that the R9 270 2GB requires just a single 6-Pin PCIe power connector to get up and running. As we move to the top of the card and closer to the front, you can see we've got a single CrossFire connector in the event that you want to run two of these cards together.
Finishing up with the I/O side of things, you can see we've got just a single Dual Link DVI connector. HIS has seemed to drop the second one and instead opt for two Mini-DisplayPort connectors instead of just a single full size DisplayPort connector. As a fan of DP, I prefer this setup personally. To round things off, you can see we've also got a HDMI connector.
Taking a look below, you can see the specifications of the card. Today we're not dealing with a "Boost" version of the HIS card, so the clocks below match the reference ones. That means the core comes in at 925MHz, which is down on the 1050MHz that the R9 270X offers. As for the 2GB of GDDR5, that comes in at 5600MHz QDR on a 256-bit bus, which is the same as the R9 270X.
When it comes to the core features of the cards, they're really both quite similar to each other. Stream Processors, Texture Units, and ROPs are all the same at 1280, 80 32. Both also don't feature TrueAudio and are built on the TSMC 28nm core.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Fire Strike]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro Last Light]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 4]
- Page 20 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 21 [Temperature Test]
- Page 22 [Sound Test]
- Page 23 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 24 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Das Keyboard takes $20 off keyboards, $0 shipping for holiday sales
- Remedy has finished the 'shivering' end scene in Quantum Break
- Razer injects chromatic flavor into Lenovo's new gaming PC lineup
- NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 900 series price drops for the holidays
- Rumor: Sony unlocks PS4's seventh core to boost performance
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- NEed help setting bios
- Sharp GX-BT7 2.1-Channel Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Review
- D-Link DCS-2630L 1080p Ultra-Wide View IP Wi-Fi Camera Review
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis