The Icy Dock FatCage that we're looking at today has a server feel to it. The unit uses trays which is something we don't see too often anymore on add-on drive cages. The reason why Icy Dock needed to use drive trays instead of going with a trayless system is because the MB155SP-B fits five drives in just 5.25 inches of width.
Trayless designs add guides between each drive and in this case where space is at a premium, there simply isn't room to take up additional space.
Specification, Availability and Pricing
The MB155SP-B holds five 3.5" HDDs in three optical drive bays. Each drive bay has a dedicated SATA port on the back and the system works up to SATA III speeds. A 92mm cooling fan keeps the HDDs cool and the metal case also aids in reducing HDD temperatures.
The fan can be set to either a high, low or off setting via a jumper on the back of the system. You can also replace the fan with a different model; Icy Dock has both two and three pin fan headed next to the fan speed jumper.
At the time of writing, Newegg listed the MB155SP-B in stock at $93.99. The price is a touch higher than what we expected, but the build quality is typical Icy Dock, so we feel that the premium is justified.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Four-part Mass Effect book series links original trilogy to Andromeda
- Sonic the Hedgehog's new 2017 game to have 'huge emphasis on quality'
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Nintendo NX might use both cartridges and discs
- This emotional AMD commercial invites you to join the Radeon Rebellion
- Why does my Monitor show static and lines occasionally when using 144hz?
- Considering a DK-04 when they come in stock, just have a few questions beforehand.
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- X170 EXTREME ECC Build
- GA-Z77-UD5H and W10 Sata Port Recognition?
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines