The TRENDnet TL2-G244 offers an ample amount of features that should keep not only the SMB users happy, but also the emerging enthusiast home users. The build quality of the unit was outstanding with its metal shell housing the internal components and for those that enjoy silence, the G244 employs a fanless design, making certain your place of business isn't adorned with the sound of small chassis fans.
While we did not publish any performance results in this review, we did run a few tests on the switch to verify its functionality and in the future as we ramp up our network test system, we should be able to deploy several solutions that will stress each switch to its capacity.
In addition to the performance testing, we will be measuring power consumption during these tests, which we measured at 11 watts for the G244 with ten ports loaded. Marketing does say the unit will consume 21.7 watts, so you are looking at about 1 watt per port on this unit.
The TRENDnet G244 packs in quite a few high-end features including 802.3ad or LACP allowing you multiple links to a device such as a NAS or server. Additionally, we have QoS, allowing you to prioritize traffic based on ports and 802.1Q for tagging VLANs in multiple switch environments and last but certainly not least, security through 802.1x PNAC.
All of these features and many more are found within the TL2-G244 and at a great price that puts it within reach of SMBs and enthusiast home users.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm's new Snapdragon X16 modem capable of 1Gbps over LTE
- Hitman is part of AMD's Gaming Evolved program, includes DX12 features
- Infinity Ward is working on the next Call of Duty, due late this year
- Kanye West begins showing off his new video game
- Today is the last day for free Google Drive storage offer
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives