Super Flower is a name that those of us here at TweakTown are quite familiar with. Long time readers should be familiar with them too, but as we've only covered a few of the power supplies with actual Super Flower branding, it could be that you've not heard of them.
In case you haven't, they are a huge OEM outside of the USA, and since their expansion in 2006, are becoming more prominent in the United States. Over the years they have manufactured and worked with numerous companies to produce power supplies such as TTGI, Kingwin, NZXT and more.
The unit we have under review today is their new Leadex Platinum 1000W unit. We first caught glimpse of this power supply at Computex 2013 and knew we were going to want to take a look. Oddly enough, Super Flower had colored the unit black back then and now we have a white one on our bench today.
This is the first time that we've had our hands on a fully modular unit from Super Flower, and as we've always had great things to say about Super Flower units, we can't wait to see what this unit has to offer inside and out. Let's start looking at its specifications so that we can get to opening the box.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The Super Flower Leadex Platinum 1000W power supply features a single 12V rail rated for 83.3A or 999.6W which for all practical purposes is 100% of the rated output of the power supply. Both the 3.3V and 5V are rated for 20A each and have a combined maximum output of 100W. The 5VSB rail is rated for 2.5A or 12.5W. The Leadex Platinum 1000W has a maximum combined output of 1000W.
Sans the OTP, the Leadex Platinum 1000W scores green across our Feature Summary. The Leadex Platinum features SCP, OVP, OCP and OPP. While it doesn't feature OTP directly, the proprietary protection chip is set up so that even without OTP, one of the other protections will trip before OTP would stop the power supply. As such, it isn't really even necessary. The Leadex Platinum 1000W is rated for 80 PLUS Platinum efficiency. All cables are fully modular and are fully sleeved or of the flat ribbon type. Finally, the Leadex Platinum 1000W is rated for 100% continuous output at 50C.
You won't directly find the Leadex Platinum 1000W for sale in the US, at least not yet. Super flower hasn't had much luck bringing their own branded units to the US market yet. What they have had great success with is selling them to other manufacturers, who simply rebrand them and nothing else. On top of this, it isn't expected to be available till around October, so you'll have to wait a bit if you want to get your hands on one.
The MSRP on the Leadex Platinum 1000W is $249. That price is a little steep considering there are currently 1000W Super Flower Golden King rebrands on the market for less, so the Leadex better have some tricks up its sleeve to be worth the extra cash. Super Flower warrants the Leadex Platinum with a five-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- IN WIN's Mod in Taiwan event kicks off, with the world's best modders
- New 4K Xbox Scorpio targeting 6TFLOPs, 1.5 times faster than PS4K
- E3 site lists Xbox One VR category with Oculus Rift devs attached
- New 4K Xbox to support Oculus Rift VR headset
- GeIL reveals new EVO FORZA DDR4 3866MHz RAM
- Asrock 3-Way 2S2S SLI Bridge Card
- Amped Wireless Athena AC2600 RTA2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Router Review
- ASRock 990FX Extreme9 IPMI Module?
- Tweak Launcher dont work with x99-sli mobo
- SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Tt eSPORTS unveils the new Level 10 Advanced gaming mouse
- EVGA announces its GeForce GTX 1080 series
- Palit announces the GeForce GTX 1080 GameRock and Super JetStream
- Manli announces its GeForce GTX 1080 Founder's Edition video card
- ASUS announces the ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080