SMART CloudSpeed 1000E Internals
The SMART CloudSpeed 1000E comes in a 7.5mm z-height metal casing. The 2.5-inch 7.5mm form factor is well suited for slim applications.
The case comes apart easily once four screws are removed. The thermal pad actually sets flush with the PCB on the opposite side of the controller, wicking heat away from the rear through the BGA mounting.
The rear of the PCB holds eight of the BGA-mounted 32GB NAND packages. The Toshiba NAND is actually jointly manufactured with SanDisk through their Flash Forward venture.
Power loss protection comes in the form of five capacitors on the bottom edge of the PCB, and an additional 15 emplacements on the rear of the PCB. This provides the SSD with enough power hold-up to flush data to the lower NAND pages. There are two DRAM packages, for a total of 512MB, above the Marvell controller.
The CloudSpeed 1000 marks a switch from the LSI SandForce controller with the CloudSpeed 500 to the Marvell 88SS9187-BLD2. This key step allows more flexibility for firmware customization, an important consideration for deploying the custom SMART firmware that allows the Guardian Suite to provide a 5X improvement in endurance over client SSDs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GIGABYTE's Aorus brand is ready for next-gen GPUs
- Survive the 'Inferno' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway
- Samsung's inquiry blames batteries for the Note7 fiasco?
- Nioh is finalized and ready for production
- Halo 6 might be finished as Project Scorpio launch game
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99