SMART CloudSpeed 1000E Internals
The SMART CloudSpeed 1000E comes in a 7.5mm z-height metal casing. The 2.5-inch 7.5mm form factor is well suited for slim applications.
The case comes apart easily once four screws are removed. The thermal pad actually sets flush with the PCB on the opposite side of the controller, wicking heat away from the rear through the BGA mounting.
The rear of the PCB holds eight of the BGA-mounted 32GB NAND packages. The Toshiba NAND is actually jointly manufactured with SanDisk through their Flash Forward venture.
Power loss protection comes in the form of five capacitors on the bottom edge of the PCB, and an additional 15 emplacements on the rear of the PCB. This provides the SSD with enough power hold-up to flush data to the lower NAND pages. There are two DRAM packages, for a total of 512MB, above the Marvell controller.
The CloudSpeed 1000 marks a switch from the LSI SandForce controller with the CloudSpeed 500 to the Marvell 88SS9187-BLD2. This key step allows more flexibility for firmware customization, an important consideration for deploying the custom SMART firmware that allows the Guardian Suite to provide a 5X improvement in endurance over client SSDs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- FBI says companies lost $1.2B due to email scams since October 2013
- Qualcomm's next chip will use machine learning to detect malware
- Intel teases 100TB or larger SSDs for 2020
- Battlefield 4 'Summer update' arrives on September 1
- Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet reaches Australia, available right now
- Kingston DataTraveler microDuo 3C USB 3.1 Type-C Flash Drive Review
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20