SMART CloudSpeed 1000E Internals
The SMART CloudSpeed 1000E comes in a 7.5mm z-height metal casing. The 2.5-inch 7.5mm form factor is well suited for slim applications.
The case comes apart easily once four screws are removed. The thermal pad actually sets flush with the PCB on the opposite side of the controller, wicking heat away from the rear through the BGA mounting.
The rear of the PCB holds eight of the BGA-mounted 32GB NAND packages. The Toshiba NAND is actually jointly manufactured with SanDisk through their Flash Forward venture.
Power loss protection comes in the form of five capacitors on the bottom edge of the PCB, and an additional 15 emplacements on the rear of the PCB. This provides the SSD with enough power hold-up to flush data to the lower NAND pages. There are two DRAM packages, for a total of 512MB, above the Marvell controller.
The CloudSpeed 1000 marks a switch from the LSI SandForce controller with the CloudSpeed 500 to the Marvell 88SS9187-BLD2. This key step allows more flexibility for firmware customization, an important consideration for deploying the custom SMART firmware that allows the Guardian Suite to provide a 5X improvement in endurance over client SSDs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung unveils new Gear 360 camera
- Nintendo focused on gameplay over visuals in Zelda BOTW
- These are the differences between the Galaxy S7 and S8
- Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+: Everything you need to know
- The Galaxy S8+ is official and it looks marvelous
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design