The MQ01ABFH lineup is the next generation of SSHDs in the slim 7mm z-height from Toshiba, coming in both 320GB and 500GB capacities.
These drives feature a generous 32MB of DRAM cache, assisted by a full 8GB of 19nm MLC NAND from Toshiba. As with most drives aimed at thin computing, the ABFH lineup spins its platters at 5400RPM.
As the Hybrid drive market begins to heat up, consumers are taking advantage of the additional performance of SSHDs without the sacrifice of capacity. With Seagate launching its flagship Laptop Thin SSHD, and WD jumping onboard with their OEM-only model it was only a matter of time before Toshiba jumped in leveraging their extensive knowledge of NAND flash memory and caching solutions.
Specifications, Pricing and Availability
Specifications have the Toshiba ABFH SSHD available in 320GB and 500GB capacities. Further, each of these drives feature 32MB of DRAM cache and 8GB of NAND manufactured on the 19nm process. SATA compatibility starts with gen. three and allows backwards compatibility with generation one and two.
The ABFH series of drives both feature a single platter design, offering 12ms average seek times with non-operating shock listed at 900G and operating shock at 400G.
Warranty of the Toshiba ABFH series is listed at three years from date of purchase. Pricing of the 320GB model is set at $56.99, with the 500GB capacity listed at $94.26.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Toshiba 500GB SSHD]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8 Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - BootRacer and Resume from S4 Hibernation]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft's latest Surface Pro 4 ad trashes MacBook Air
- Two new Fitbit writsbands set to evolve the product line
- R.I.P. Gene Wilder
- Halo 5: Forge PC footage debuts in 4K
- Battlefield 1's Rush features lots of vehicles, timer
- Samsung EVO 256GB microSDXC Memory Card Review
- Asrock z170 gaming k4/d3 and the f-stream tuning program
- I Need A Fan Controller
- ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 not posting - error 69, 72, ......
- Memory Slot Issue - Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac
- HyperX introduces new ALLOY gaming keyboard
- ADATA launches the ultimate SU800SATA 6Gb/s 3D NAND SSD
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop