Western Digital Slim (WD10SPCX) 1TB HDD
Our review sample of the WD Slim was delivered in bare drive form. The top side of the drive reminding me of a solid state drive rather than a spinner.
The bottom of the drive houses the capacity, listed at 1TB along with the date of manufacture, which for our sample was May 21st 2013.
The SATA power and data connections are placed in position for wide compatibility.
The WD Slim uses just a sliver of a PCB when compared to previous drives. Above you can see the very small tabs that connect the PCB to the motor, along with the clip for the head.
Here we have the front facing portion of the PCB, the motor controller made by WD and Winbond supplying the 16MB cache.
The backside of the PCB houses the Marvell 88i9446 controller.
Weighing the WD Slim, the drive came in at 3.15 ounces.
Here we have the WD Slim at its thickest point measuring in at 7.09mm.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Western Digital Slim (WD10SPCX) 1TB HDD]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8 Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - BootRacer and Resume from S4 Hibernation]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung's first dual camera phone leaks in a video
- Refurbished Samsung Galaxy Note7 pictured in the wild
- ASRock X299E-ITX/ac: up to 12C/24T CPU power in ITX form
- Gionee announces three new smartphones
- AMD Ryzen powered QNAP NAS spotted at Computex
- Lian Li PC-Q25B - distance between stand and edge of case
- LaCie Bolt3 2TB Thunderbolt 3 Review
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017