While recently we've chosen to attack the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 700 series MSI Twin Frozr Gaming models with an iron fist via MSI Afterburner to see just what we're able to get out of them, today we'll be taking a little bit of a different approach. First we checked out the MSI GTX 760 2GB Twin Frozr Gaming OC and found ourselves impressed with what the model could do when we overclocked it.
If you wanted to spend a bit more money, though, then the MSI GTX 780 3GB Twin Frozr Gaming OC we looked at and overclocked recently might be a better option. Today, though, we're checking out the video card that sits in between these two models, the MIS GTX 770 2GB Twin Frozr Gaming OC. While we would also normally go down the path of overclocking this card, we won't be today for two reasons.
The first is that we've already looked at the GTX 770 overclocked a few times, but are yet to check out the performance of a pre-overclocked card at its pre-overclocked settings. The second reason is coming up straight behind the MSI GTX 770 2GB Twin Frozr Gaming will be the MSI GTX 770 2GB Lightning, a video card that is designed with overclocking in mind. For that reason we'll be diving into depth of MSI GTX 770 overclocking with that card in the coming days. With a couple of new benchmarks added into the mix, having a record of out of the box speeds is going to make our comparisons stronger in the future.
For now, though, we want to see the final piece of the Twin Frozr Gaming GTX 700 series cards. It's a series that has done a great job of impressing us and we'll have to see if the GTX 770 2GB is also able to do just as great a job. Let's get into the package and move on from there.
The overall box design is nearly identical to what we've seen out of the other Twin Frozr Gaming series based cards. The front gives us the series and model along with mention that it's an OC Edition in the corner. Turning over we cover some of the main features which include the Advanced Thermal Design that the Twin Frozr IV cooler brings, along with the higher quality Military Class 4 components.
Moving into the bundle, it's pretty light. We've got a driver CD and manual, along with a DVI to VGA connector and two 6-pin PCIe to 8-pin PCIe power connectors.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Fire Strike]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro Last Light]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 20 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 21 [Temperature Test]
- Page 22 [Sound Test]
- Page 23 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 24 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ubisoft could be working on next-gen Splinter Cell
- Windows 10 update will use AI to fight cyberattacks
- Star Wars Battlefront II alpha could hit all platforms
- Escape from Tarkov closed beta begins next month
- Hardware deals: $229 GTX 1060, $649 desktop with RX 580
- GIGABYTE X370-Gaming K7 Motherboard Review
- BIOSTAR X370GTN Gaming Motherboard Review
- Intel Optane in RAID 0 - World's Fastest System Disk
- GIGABYTE Z270X-Designare Motherboard Review
- AMD launches the world's fastest graphics card for machine learning development and advanced visualization workloads, Radeon Vega Frontier Edition, available now
- Toshiba develops world's first QLC BiCS FLASH 3D memory with 4-Bit-Per-Cell technology
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus