Cooler Master V8 GTS CPU Cooler
Looking at the V8 GTS from the side that will be nearest the GPU, you see a T-shaped shroud that holds the pair of fans between the trio of fins stacks. You also can see the heat pipe arrangement of two to the left stack, four in the middle stack, and again, two to the right fin stack.
This is the intake side of the V8 GTS. As you can see, air is drawn through the smaller stack, with the 140mm fan allowing for a bit of pre-cooling with the two pipes delivering heat to the 37 fins of this section of the cooler, before that fan blows on the main stack.
The V8 GTS is now in a position as if we were able to see it from the top once installed. You can see both sides are identical, but there is a pair of 4-pin PWM fan power leads connected to a Y-splitter to power the fans on this side of the cooler.
That leaves us with the exhaust side of the V8 GTS. So, once the air has passed the pre-cooler, pushed through the main stack with the first 140mm fan, then after the main stack another 140mm fan is sucking air from the cooler and pushing its flow over the last of the three fin stacks.
If any of that was too confusing, I went ahead and removed the shroud and fans so that you could get an unimpeded view of the fin and pipe arrangement.
Under the cooler, where the heat pipes originate under, is the fan support and mounting top plate. The grooves at the top support a plastic post on both fans, and the whole at both ends is to allow a screw through to secure legs to the base.
With the heat pipes soldered to the top plate, and to this base, thermal conduction is increased. If they had gone with a copper base here instead of the large Horizontal Vapor Chamber seen here, eight pipes would have been too much without a way to evenly spread the CPU heat into those wide spread 48mm of just heat pipes. The base is flat against a razor, and even with the sticker still on, you can see the roughness of the milling.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Cooler Master V8 GTS CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [The Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- FreeSync coming to mid-range HP laptops later this year
- iOS 9.3 beta 3 is out, adds Verizon Wi-Fi Calling, CarPlay features
- Gmail Android notifications bug fix rolling out this week
- AMD's next-gen Opteron to have 32 cores, 8-channel DDR4 support
- This ASUS-powered custom PC based around Far Cry Primal looks insane!
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance