MyDigitalSSD BP4 960GB SSD
Our sample drive arrived in a typical white box.
The drive comes packed with adequate protection for shipping.
Aside from the capacity size change, the BP4 we're looking at today looks identical to the previous review products of smaller capacity.
I'm trying really hard to hold back the excitement of another Tera Era SSD. Everyone has milestones in their life and for me 1TB SSDs are significant enough to register on my timeline.
Not only did MDSSD stuff 1TB of flash in the case, they used a 7mm case. We've seen large capacity sizes of 1TB and greater on the enterprise side, but they've all been 9.5mm or even 15mm.
The 7mm form factor still uses standard SATA power and data connectors, so this drive can fit into a very large number of systems.
The largest capacity size BP4 uses a new PCB, one that we didn't find inside the smaller capacity size models. MDSSD needed to use a difference PCB to accommodate the Texas Instruments decoders/demultiplexers. There are eight total, four on each side, right in the middle of the PCB.
There are 16 Toshiba NAND flash BGA chips total on this drive.
Phison supplied the controller for the BP4 product line. Paired with the flash and controller is a single PSC DRAM chip for caching table data. This is the same DRAM chip we found on the 240GB MB4, so MDSSD didn't increase the DRAM size and that might adversely affect the benchmarks results.
We asked Toshiba for the datasheet or at least a new decoder sheet for the new Type C flash. We're yet to hear back. We think there are four die inside each package, but don't quote me on that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [MyDigitalSSD BP4 960GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8 Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Power and Thermal Testing]
- Page 14 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.