Installation and Finished Product
Since we are using an Intel system to test, I screwed in the appropriate hardware to the base of the cooler. I do wish that a pair of my screws weren't pre-stripped for me, but with a full assortment of drivers on hand, I was able to get them in securely.
Just like with the stock cooling solution, to apply the GAMMAXX S40 to the board, just be sure the legs are in the locked position and push these clips into the holes until you hear a satisfying click to let you know each of them is in the correct position and locked securely to the board.
Due to a little wing on the 120mm fan at the top, the fan is spaced to stay at or above the memory to attempt to make this easier on the users as well. With only one correct position to use with this fan, it is hit or miss if it will work for your memory configuration.
The fan will clear shorter memory sticks, and will even clear my typical sticks without the heat spreaders on them. Any sort of spreader on the stick closest to the cooler will definitely cause some issues if you want to fill that slot.
Looking at the motherboard with the GAMAXX S40 now installed, you can tell even from this angle that the memory and power plugs are easily accessible, and the cooler is also very clear of the video card.
Just to give you some idea of the perspective of the size of the GAMMAXX S40, after I finished the build and was ready for testing, I snapped this image above. You can see it is very compact around the CPU socket, but you can also see that the HD 7950 is as wide as this cooler is tall, meaning it will fit in almost any normal case, SFF not included.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX S40 CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [The Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Four-part Mass Effect book series links original trilogy to Andromeda
- Sonic the Hedgehog's new 2017 game to have 'huge emphasis on quality'
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Nintendo NX might use both cartridges and discs
- This emotional AMD commercial invites you to join the Radeon Rebellion
- Why does my Monitor show static and lines occasionally when using 144hz?
- Considering a DK-04 when they come in stock, just have a few questions beforehand.
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- X170 EXTREME ECC Build
- GA-Z77-UD5H and W10 Sata Port Recognition?
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines