Installation and Finished Product
Since we are using an Intel system to test, I screwed in the appropriate hardware to the base of the cooler. I do wish that a pair of my screws weren't pre-stripped for me, but with a full assortment of drivers on hand, I was able to get them in securely.
Just like with the stock cooling solution, to apply the GAMMAXX S40 to the board, just be sure the legs are in the locked position and push these clips into the holes until you hear a satisfying click to let you know each of them is in the correct position and locked securely to the board.
Due to a little wing on the 120mm fan at the top, the fan is spaced to stay at or above the memory to attempt to make this easier on the users as well. With only one correct position to use with this fan, it is hit or miss if it will work for your memory configuration.
The fan will clear shorter memory sticks, and will even clear my typical sticks without the heat spreaders on them. Any sort of spreader on the stick closest to the cooler will definitely cause some issues if you want to fill that slot.
Looking at the motherboard with the GAMAXX S40 now installed, you can tell even from this angle that the memory and power plugs are easily accessible, and the cooler is also very clear of the video card.
Just to give you some idea of the perspective of the size of the GAMMAXX S40, after I finished the build and was ready for testing, I snapped this image above. You can see it is very compact around the CPU socket, but you can also see that the HD 7950 is as wide as this cooler is tall, meaning it will fit in almost any normal case, SFF not included.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX S40 CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [The Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Acer's new laptop rocks unreleased NVIDIA graphics card
- AMD Radeon RX Vega loses to GTX 1080 at 1080p
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- AMD Radeon RX Vega bundled with Quake Champions
- Nintendo won't be at E3 2017
- Cutting LED-Strips - LED50RGB-2
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives