DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX S40 CPU Cooler
This tower has 41 fins stacked on these heat pipes, but you can see that all four of them aren't simply lined up. To help get each pipe some airflow, they are staggered in the fins to allow the fan a chance to remove heat from all of them directly as well.
When you look at it from the side, the pipes appear to be lined up, but it is an illusion. You also notice that this tower has an open side configuration as well as being able to house two fans, one on each side of the tower.
The back edge of the fins is the same shape as the front edge, but you can see that there are little holes in the back edges and they have fins in them to help direct the air from the middle of the cooler to exhaust through the back as these direct that flow.
I also angled this image a bit to show how deep and easy the grooves are to access when clipping a fan on this with the wire fan clips that are provided.
Looking at the fins from the top you can now see the 24 holes at the trailing edge of the fins along with the embossed DEEPCOOL name that is designed into each and every fin in the stack.
The top of the base for this cooler isn't just flat, when they extruded the aluminum to be used to solder in the heat pipes, they also skived the top of it to allow air to flow through and remove a bit of heat before it even gets out of the base.
Here you can see that DEEPCOOL sends the GAMMAXX S40 with thermal paste already applied. All you have to do to get this cooler installed is add some hardware, DEEPCOOL was sure to take care of the rest for you.
I removed the paste so that we can now see the four copper pipes and the aluminum base. You can see they are all milled at one time, and even though there are slight gaps in this design, the surface as a whole is levelled off nicely.
Getting a little closer to the heat pipes you can now see the stagger more easily, and you can also tell that the find are just pressed onto the heat pipes. There is also a bit of the bottom four fins that got removed, and this is to allow AMD mounting clearance for DEEPCOOL's clip system.
With the fan now back on the cooler, you can see from the side that the fan steps down behind the blades. This allows for air near the front to be easily sucked in, and slightly more concentrated as it leaves the fan and enters the cooler.
Looking from the front with the fan in place, you can tell that the tower is quite compact with this 120mm fan covering a large percentage of the fin area. There should be no issues supplying air into these fins as well as a little at the bottom to cool the motherboard.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX S40 CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [The Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Google to punish mobile sites with intrusive advertising
- Battlefield 1 Premium includes just four expansions
- 3 apps all PC owners need to protect their data
- VR On The Lot event in Hollywood includes X-Men director
- Divinity Original Sin 2 hits early access next month
- Are LianLi case fans any good?
- GAMDIAS Hermes RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Really hot idle temps on X99 Extreme 4/3.1
- Trouble with upgrading RAM GA-H55M-S2V
- Z77x-D3h issue with windows 10 fast start up feature
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop
- Thermaltake new Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG Tube 16mm OD 12mm ID 6 liquid-cooling fittings with 1 RGB LED lighting controller
- Cooler Master announces the MasterMouse Pro L