The cable arrangement for the V1000 is somewhat basic, but should be more than enough for 95% of users. There are a total of eight PCI-E connectors over four cables. While it may not be able to power four top-end video cards, it is nice to have the option there for those utilizing mid-range cards.
The nine SATA and four Molex connectors should take care of all your peripherals, and the dual ATX 4+4 pin connectors will take care of those in need of additional power directly to the motherboard.
Rail distribution is as simple as it gets with a single 12V rail. There is no need to worry about load balancing here.
A Look Inside
Recently we've seen a lot of shrinkage of the components inside power supplies. One of the effects of this is a reduction in heat. The V1000 follows along these trends and as such we see several smaller heat sinks instead of massive ones that prevent fresh air from flowing deep down to the PCB.
A pair of Nippon Chemi-Con bulk capacitors sit on the primary side of the power supply.
The secondary side is littered with more Nippon caps.
The Cooler Master DFS132512H fan provides all the active cooling for the V1000 power supply. One of the interesting things about this unit is that the fan is nearly silent until around 70% load, operating between 800 RPM and 1600 RPM depending on the temperature of the unit. This makes the V1000 ideal for those seeking a quiet power supply.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD addresses Radeon RX Vega pricing, stock issues
- Tekken 7 mobile game to feature microtransactions galore
- Bitcoin reaches record high pricing of $4500
- Ethereum difficulty squeezing out the small miners
- Destiny 2's day one update already confirmed
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- ASRock X399 Taichi Threadripper TR4 Motherboard Review
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes