I came from the Sony Xperia Z review directly to the Note II and expected the transition to be better, for Samsung, but it's not. Sure, it's a great phone, but it has a specific audience. Those who want something bigger than the 4-something-inch smartphones we have now, and those who would actually use the S Pen.
Then there are the elderly or those with bad eyesight, the Note II is a great fit and Samsung have some great text enlargement options for these users. But is it enough for the average user to upgrade from, let's say, their Galaxy S II (not III) or their iPhone 4/4S (not 5)?
Yes and no. Again, you'd have to fall into that category of either wanting the bigger screen, and not minding that it can, at times, feel awkward because of its size - or, you want to use the stylus pen here and there on the Note II.
This doesn't make the Note II a bad phone, because it's not, it's just that Samsung have so many devices that are close to the Note II now - that you're going to have to buy one based on pretty much a specific feature. There's the Galaxy S III, S4, the upcoming Galaxy Mega (in 5.8-inch and 6.3-inch flavors) and the countless other devices in the Galaxy range of smartphones.
If you were close to pulling the trigger on the Note, then the Note II is worthy of that press - do it and you won't regret it if you are a Note fan. If you were after a big smartphone, but the 5.5-inch screen on the Note II is a little too big, the 5-inch screen on the Galaxy S4 might just be the one for you.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Look and Feel]
- Page 3 [Display and Speaker Quality]
- Page 4 [Features]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Apple already putting pressure on Fitbit in wearables market
- Charge ALL the Things With a 4-Port USB Hub
- Trying to prevent drones from dropping contraband into prisons is hard
- No Star Wars Battlefront Xbox One bundle, EA confirms
- Razer offers Aussie LoL fans a ticket for worldwide travel
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- Win7 wont install on AM1A-M system
- Z77 Extreme6 boot screen displays after hard shutoff/reactivation, does not display after reset
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20