Look and Feel
This review comes off of the back of the Sony Xperia Z, which had an absolutely beautiful look and feel to it. After hearing so much about the Galaxy Note II, I wasn't looking forward to using another plastic-built device from Samsung.
The Galaxy Note II has a plastic shell, which feels cheap. Sure, the Note II has its fans, but for one of Samsung's flagship devices, I really demand more quality. In terms of size, we have (measured in inches) 5.95 x 3.17 x 0.37.
The front of the Note II has a nice earpiece in the top center, and just under that we have the Samsung logo. At the bottom of the phone, we have the Home button in the center, and to the left and right of that we have some touch buttons.
The back of the Note II doesn't feature much, with the loudspeaker on the bottom of the device, and up the top we have the rear-facing camera with LED flash and another Samsung logo.
On the right side of the phone we have the power button.
On the left of the Note II we have the volume rocker.
On the very top of the phone we have the usual 3.5mm headphone/speaker jack.
On the bottom of the Note II we have the microUSB port for charging and synching your 5.5-inch phablet, and to the right of that we have the S-Pen which can be pulled out and removed, and of course, used for various functions that we'll get into later in the review.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Look and Feel]
- Page 3 [Display and Speaker Quality]
- Page 4 [Features]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA GFE members receive LawBreakers closed beta codes
- The new iMac Pro might feature server-grade co-processor
- AMD includes 'Gaming Mode' on Radeon Vega Frontier cards
- AMD Radeon Vega Frontier launches, with no reviews
- OnePlus 5 is now globally available
- Intel Optane in RAID 0 - World's Fastest System Disk
- GIGABYTE Z270X-Designare Motherboard Review
- Intel SSD 5 545s 512GB SATA III SSD Review
- Patriot Viper V570 RGB Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller