The Build and Finished Product
Removing the bezel to access the bay covers, you can see that this is how you clean the filter on the 120mm intake fan as well. With the wires attached to the bezel, make sure you remember this when maintaining those wires.
The DVD drive goes in flush with the brushed face of the chassis. While a stealth bay cover would be greatly appreciated here, it doesn't look all that bad with one now in the front of the chassis.
With only a partial HDD rack, you can fit really long cards in here, and it does make room for storing a pump or a bobble head doll, but when I tried to install the SSD here, I found the power cable wouldn't go onto the drive. As for the rest, aside from lacking screws for expansion cards, everything went as expected.
Around the back, the expansion slot cover is easy enough to work, but it is more to cover the hole than for security. As for the rest of it, the dust shield, card, and PSU all went right into place.
I was able to do a little better with the wires this time, but you can see it is all way to the left of any of the supplied tie points. There is also a notch in the CPU access hole to allow for an 8-pin, or maybe fan wiring, but the motherboard blocks access through here too.
Now with the door panels on the chassis, all that is left to do is to power this G7 chassis, test it, and tell you my final thoughts.
When the G7 powers up, there is a tiny blue LED denoting system power, the occasional flicker of an amber HDD activity light, and if you want Turbo mode, the fan switch will light up when that mode is active.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The Division on PC is held back, as it would be 'unfair' to consoles
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- I am the new guy
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance