The Build and Finished Product
Removing the bezel to access the bay covers, you can see that this is how you clean the filter on the 120mm intake fan as well. With the wires attached to the bezel, make sure you remember this when maintaining those wires.
The DVD drive goes in flush with the brushed face of the chassis. While a stealth bay cover would be greatly appreciated here, it doesn't look all that bad with one now in the front of the chassis.
With only a partial HDD rack, you can fit really long cards in here, and it does make room for storing a pump or a bobble head doll, but when I tried to install the SSD here, I found the power cable wouldn't go onto the drive. As for the rest, aside from lacking screws for expansion cards, everything went as expected.
Around the back, the expansion slot cover is easy enough to work, but it is more to cover the hole than for security. As for the rest of it, the dust shield, card, and PSU all went right into place.
I was able to do a little better with the wires this time, but you can see it is all way to the left of any of the supplied tie points. There is also a notch in the CPU access hole to allow for an 8-pin, or maybe fan wiring, but the motherboard blocks access through here too.
Now with the door panels on the chassis, all that is left to do is to power this G7 chassis, test it, and tell you my final thoughts.
When the G7 powers up, there is a tiny blue LED denoting system power, the occasional flicker of an amber HDD activity light, and if you want Turbo mode, the fan switch will light up when that mode is active.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple Music update brings videos, family plan to Android
- Windows 10 upgrade nag screen interrupts weather lady
- New Apple Music API means endless integration possibilities
- Windows 10 now blocks Google searches from Cortana
- John Romero pauses Blackroom Kickstarter to finish gameplay demo
- Six Windows Applications Free Pack
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar Pro Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- Thecus N5810 Consumer NAS Review
- Cold double post on Z77X-UD5H
- Lian Li PC-X510 question about resonance sound
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched