Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The chassis we will be seeing in the next few pages is the ECA3280A-BR-F, and out of all that it is the R in BR-F that designates we have the red version where the B-F is the blue model. Outside of the chassis things are completely blacked out except for two things. One is the colored mesh outline around the plastic and mesh front panel, and the other is the darkly tinted side window in the left door. The front of the chassis is mostly mesh for excellent ventilation of the front of the chassis, and the outside edges are thick plastic with almost fingers that look to be holding the bezel on with the chunky design there. The inside of the chassis is also painted black and offers three 5.25" bays with tool-free latches, eight 3.5" drives, a pair of 140mm red LED fans, a 120mm fan, offers an 8+1 expansion slot configuration, and can house both ATX and Micro-ATX systems.
The large raised section on the front of the chassis on the outside offers the power and reset buttons, activity and power LED lights, two USB 2.0 ports, two USB 3.0 ports, as well as a pair of HD Audio jacks. Some of this cabling is black, but the thin wires to connect for the LEDs and buttons is a rainbow of colors matched with a white ground wire. Along with being compatible for 412mm worth of video card, there are also optional places for fans. The main section for this is right behind the front I/O panel, and here you can install four different sized fans. The other place for an optional fan is on the inside of the permanent hard drive rack so that you can help the fan that gets blocked in the front of the chassis to help cool the hard drives, as well as getting more air into the main area of the chassis.
When I took my look around to shop for the Ostrog Giant, I found that locations are limited. Straight through Goggle the only hit that pops up is at Newegg with a really reasonable price. I also found the blue version via Amazon, but the price wasn't as good as it is currently at Newegg. Over there they are offering the chassis to customers at $74.99 with free shipping. Considering what I have seen over the years at this price range, it seems that really only the last year or so you can really get a good chassis for this kind of money.
Is the Ostrog Giant one of those cases? Continue on and see what I think once I get some time behind the wheel of this mid-tower chassis.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MacBook Pro GPU issues caused by software, not AMD
- HP's new supercomputer is 8000x faster than your PC
- AMD's Zen-capable X370 boards preview on December 13
- AMD's next-gen Vega 10 leaks - are they the real deal?
- Don't press new 'Guardians of the Galaxy' trailer button
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset