Remembering back to CES 2013, as I was in the Swiftech suite looking at all the new goodies as well as the H220 kit they had on display, Gabe invited a friend to share his suite. His friend just happened to be from Nanoxia. The reason this partnership was put together at that time was due to all of the four test systems that Swiftech had on display had to be in some sort of chassis. The choice of cases was the Nanoxia DS1 chassis, and for the testing it worked rather well for Swiftech. Once that presentation was complete, I looked behind me and saw a new Nanoxia case sitting on the bar. It was at this time I was introduced to the Nanoxia representative, and schooled on this new case design.
At my first glance, I could see that the main concept had been kept intact, but there were some obvious changes as well. The front bezel has been redesigned, and the front I/O was changed as well. The top of the chassis lost the plastic cover for the Air Chimney system, and the optional fan position in the left door panel. What is more obvious is that the DS1 has a more usual chassis shape, where this newer design is a long and low design that stretches the chassis from front to back. Inside things have drastically changed as well. There is more room now, but there are a few other things that have changed or are new additions to the latest chassis from Nanoxia.
The chassis we are looking at today is the Nanoxia Deep Silence 2. While a lot has changed there is one important thing about these chassis designs that did stay the same, and that is the near silent operation of these chassis offerings. With a name like Deep Silence, this should be expected from these cases, but in the past that hasn't always rung true. Today I plan to get up close and personal with the DS2 so that you can see if the new additions and changes fit your needs.
I know I like what I have seen, I just hope in this review I can transfer what I like and what is so cool about this chassis into text so that you all can appreciate what has been brought forth in this new design.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- AMD Radeon RX Vega bundled with Quake Champions
- Nintendo won't be at E3 2017
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Acer Predator X27 gaming monitor: 4K, 144Hz, HDR, G-Sync
- Cutting LED-Strips - LED50RGB-2
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives