Today we've got quite a bit of a treat for the hardcore PSU guys out there. We're taking a look at the new Silverstone Zeus 1350W power supply. Those who frequent our power supply reviews know that we've covered just about every Silverstone power supply they've released in the last several years. They've never let us down and we couldn't wait to get our hands on the Zeus to see what it could do.
For those who aren't familiar with the Zeus series from Silverstone, it was originally a server/workstation line that emphasized on better voltage regulation, higher operating temperatures and heavy-duty components. This caught on with the extreme overclockers so they've added a few features to cater to their desires such as adjustable voltage settings and modular cabling. Despite adding some features for overclockers, they've still kept the server/workstation design such as the rear mounted fan as server chassis rely on front to back ventilation instead of bottom to rear.
Keep reading as we tear into the Zeus 1350W and see just how well it stacks up to what we're used to seeing from Silverstone.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The Zeus 1350W power supply is capable of operating as both a single 12V rail power supply or with six independent 12V rails. Each 12V rail is rated for 30A each and when combined have a maximum output of 105A or 1260W. Both the 5V and 3.3V rails are rated for 25A each with a maximum combined output of 170W. The 5VSB rail is rated for 4A with a total output of 17.5W. Maximum continuous output of the Silverstone Zeus is 1350W.
As you would expect from a power supply that is geared for server use and extreme overclockers, the feature list is completely filled out. All protections are present including SCP, OVP, OCP, OPP, and OTP. The Zeus 1350W is fully modular and all cables are fully sleeved. The power supply is rated for 80 PLUS Silver efficiency, which is much higher than you will find many server power supplies rated for. The Zeus is also rated for 100% continuous output at 50C and even 80% (1080W) at 60C.
Silverstone has an MSRP of $349.99 on the Zeus 1350W power supply which places it in a very middle of the road price point. Antares Pro has it for sale a bit cheaper at $318.99 after shipping, which gives it even more value for the money. Silverstone backs the power supply with a five year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- iPhone 9 to come in two OLED models - 5.28 and 6.46-inch
- Aerocool unveils first gaming chair with edge lighting
- Monster Hunter XX coming to Nintendo Switch
- Destiny 2 uses hybrid servers, P2P and peer-to-client
- Dreamcast's Seaman game is getting a sequel
- Free Paypal Money Adder Online Tool Legit 2017
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017