I don't want to downplay anything that the Hydro Series H110 has to offer, it's just that the market for this specific unit is so narrow. First of all you have to have a chassis that provides the ability in the top to hold a pair of 140mm fans. More cases are doing this now, but I think people buy more coolers than cases over the long haul, and this may make users require an additional purchase. While the performance is good, it isn't great for the size and cost, and I can only paint it in a pretty picture by comparing it to another air cooler, as most other dual radiator solutions, even 120mm solutions keep right on pace with the H110, if not surpass it. Even when it comes down to the noise levels during our testing, the H110 isn't all that impressive.
In the realm of the casual buyers out there, the H110 shines in a different light. It is one of the largest sealed AIO solutions on the market. It does do pretty good, and the results are great compared to a stock cooler. Then there is the fact that a lot of buyers out there also have Corsair cases, PSUs, SSDs, and memory, so why not keep the theme going? In this type of a situation, I can see someone spending the money and using the H110 to complete the themed build with a bit of bragging rights to having the largest Corsair AIO you can buy.
For those looking for the best bang for the buck, or even just top end performance regardless of price, I have to say there are better solutions out there to take your money. Of course I would expect that the triple 120mm radiators on the custom kits would have outperformed the H110, but I did not expect both the Seidon 240M and the H220 to be able to do better than this unit. Once you start to really discuss pricing of the new H110, it gets a little worse. If these had been priced closer to $100, I could really get behind the idea. With a $129.99 price tag, and not handling business fully as it should, I think Corsair may have taken a misstep here with these new 140mm cooling solutions.
Again, as with the H90, I would definitely take more noise while gaming or benching to raise the efficiency of these units a couple of degrees. In my mind, these units should be able to take on the low end of custom water cooling, and the H110 just leaves me wanting more and a bit disappointed.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Corsair Hydro Series H110 AIO CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [The Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Forza Horizon 3 shows that Microsoft hates PC gaming
- Microsoft is reportedly working on an all-in-one Surface
- Apple copies Samsung again, with exploding iPhone 7 Plus
- Microsoft admits PCs have 'eclipsed' consoles
- Civilization VI and Deluxe pre-order deals now available
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now