Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The Silentium 920B or CSAZ-920B is a mid-tower chassis that is comprised mostly of steel, with plastic used on the front bezel and for various components inside. Externally, the front of the chassis is very flat with a door panel with a stealth drive bay at the top and with an angled break under it, the rest of the panel is flat on the front with venting along the bottom. Both door panels are expanses of black steel with large bumps in both panels for taller coolers on the left, and to hold more wiring on the right. The roof of the chassis is solid, with no ventilation. The floor once had an optional fan mounting position, but is now covered over and has venting only for the PSU. In the back you do have a pair of holes with grommets for water cooling and seven ventilated expansion slots. Also if black isn't your thing, there is a white version on display at AZZA's site, so I would expect its release soon.
Internally, starting at the front of the Silentium 920, there are four 5.25" bays with tool-free clips on the left side of the cage to secure devices here. Just below that there is a dedicated rack for a pair of 2.5" storage drives. Moving down to the bottom, you find two walls supporting five 3.5" trays between them that also have screw holes for 2.5" drives. The motherboard tray is designed well for wiring and access to the back plate of the CPU cooler, and will hold ATX and Micro-ATX motherboards.
Cooling this chassis you have a 120mm fan with a dust filter in the front along with a 120mm fan in the rear as an exhaust. Unless you were to remove the large section of sound proofing material that is stuck to the chassis floor, there are no other options for fan mounting. What helps to keep this chassis silent other than the design of the front bezel is this sound absorbing material, like what is on the floor. Inside of the roof and both of the door panels, their entire surfaces were covered with this stuff to keep any noises made inside of the chassis and not audible to its users.
This chassis is fairly new, and as such, the listings of where you can find this chassis are currently pretty limited. As I looked around, I did find that Newegg is the only one apparently advertising that they have stock in the US. Keeping with the idea I had about how well these cases are priced to fit in the market, the Silentium 920 stuck to the plan as well. Over at Newegg they are currently listing the chassis for $84.99 before shipping. Even with it added in, you are only adding another $10 to that price.
It seems like a fair deal to me as far as what the AZZA Silentium 920 offers on paper, so let's dive in and see what the reality of this chassis is.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Google Contributor reduces website ads for monthly fee
- AMD Radeon Settings, Crimson Edition driver released
- Microsoft says its worker cutback affected staff diversity
- Sony tells users not to upgrade to Windows 10
- Increase in card use ensures China's payment fraud rises
- Upgrade RAM on G11CD system assistance
- C2750D4I - BMC Update Failed
- X99 Extreme 6/3.1 Bios Update to support Samsung 950 Pro M.2.
- PC-A04 case top USB Multi-Media I/O ports replacement
- Asrock H170M-ITX\ac Windows 10 fresh install
- EASARS Unveils World of Tanks and Team RIVAL Licensed Gaming Gear
- G.SKILL Boosts DDR4 8GB Module Speed Up to 4133MHz 16GB
- Sharkoon Announces SHARK ZONE K20 Gaming Keyboard
- EK Releases Monoblock for GIGABYTE Z170X Motherboards
- BROFORCE AIR-DROPS HUGE POST LAUNCH UPDATE BECAUSE FREEDOM CANNOT BE CONTAINED