Cables and connectors provided are sufficient for the most part. The PF-850 features an EPS12V and an ATX 4+4 connector in case they are needed. Video cards are powered by four PCI-E 6+2 connectors over four modular cables. Peripherals are handled by two SATA and two Molex cables that provide eight SATA connectors, six Molex connectors and two FDD connectors.
This is a bit of a dated connector arrangement and it would've been nice to see one of the Molex cables swapped for an additional SATA cable. Also take note that many of the cables are a bit short and it might be quite difficult for you to do some routing in the case if you are trying to hide your wires.
Rail distribution is as simple as it gets with a single 12V rail. There is no need to worry about load balancing here.
A Look Inside
Clutter is kept to a minimum and a pair of heat sinks runs the length of the power supply. Coupled with the 140mm fan for airflow, this is more than enough cooling for the PF-850.
A single Panasonic capacitor sits on the primary side of the Kingwin Power Force 850W power supply.
Nippon Chemi-Con capacitors are present on the secondary side of the PF-850.
Active cooling for the Power Force 850W is provided by the Glob Fan RL4Z S1352512HH 140mm fan. Wait, what? Well now that can't be right. Nope. This particular Power Force 850W power supply is actively cooled by a 135mm fan, not a 140mm.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Radeon 16.7.3 drivers improve Rise of the Tomb Raider performance
- Pay what you want for 180+ hours of game dev training
- New Prey game isn't a sequel or a reboot, it's a re-imagining
- PlayStation VR requires almost as much space as HTC Vive
- Early copy of No Man's Sky allegedly sold for $1,250
- GA-X58A-UD7 Error Code 88 (or 8b something)
- Asus Stix X99
- Latest APP Center Gigabyte programs
- Antec GX505 Window SC Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- PW-IE20AH51T0 compatible with PC-G70 ?
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio