I'd like to say I'm surprised about the new technology packed into the MyDigitalSSD BP4, but I'm not. My Digital has done this repeatedly. I've seen it so often I pretty much expect the new products to have some new bit that is ahead of what everyone else has on the market at the time of release. We know other companies are looking at using the Phison S8 with the new programming, but those products aren't on the roadmaps until the start of Q2 and even Q3. My Digital has the technology now and managed to get it production ready for Q1, and early Q1 at that.
The BP4 240GB doesn't win every performance test, but it does well in all of them. The one test where it does win is a very significant test for notebook users. Both the 240GB and the 120GB we have on hand give the longest battery life in our notebook battery test. Desktop users tend not to worry too much about the power draw of their components, but notebook users looking to extend their 'on battery time' will find the BP4 products do better than everything else on the market today.
When it comes to other aspects of performance, BP4 does well across the board, but isn't in that super class of SSDs, ah-la Vector and 840 Pro. Removing those two products, BP4 does very well and contends with LSI SandForce based drives and 840 non-Pro.
BP4 aims at the mainstream market and the price makes that very clear. Our 240GB sample has an MSRP of just $179.99. We still get excited when SSDs cost just $1 per GB, but BP4 obliterates that standard by a large margin. Given the class leading power performance, I'd say at this price MDSSD may have problems keeping BP4 in stock so at some point the price may actually increase just to slow demand. Let's hope MyDigital is able to keep the warehouse stocked up.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [MyDigitalSSD BP4 240GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Tekken 7 mobile game to feature microtransactions galore
- Bitcoin reaches record high pricing of $4500
- Ethereum difficulty squeezing out the small miners
- Destiny 2's day one update already confirmed
- Quake Champions frags itself into Early Access on Aug 22
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- ASRock X399 Taichi Threadripper TR4 Motherboard Review
- Samsung Portable SSD T5 500GB and 2TB Review
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes