I'd like to say I'm surprised about the new technology packed into the MyDigitalSSD BP4, but I'm not. My Digital has done this repeatedly. I've seen it so often I pretty much expect the new products to have some new bit that is ahead of what everyone else has on the market at the time of release. We know other companies are looking at using the Phison S8 with the new programming, but those products aren't on the roadmaps until the start of Q2 and even Q3. My Digital has the technology now and managed to get it production ready for Q1, and early Q1 at that.
The BP4 240GB doesn't win every performance test, but it does well in all of them. The one test where it does win is a very significant test for notebook users. Both the 240GB and the 120GB we have on hand give the longest battery life in our notebook battery test. Desktop users tend not to worry too much about the power draw of their components, but notebook users looking to extend their 'on battery time' will find the BP4 products do better than everything else on the market today.
When it comes to other aspects of performance, BP4 does well across the board, but isn't in that super class of SSDs, ah-la Vector and 840 Pro. Removing those two products, BP4 does very well and contends with LSI SandForce based drives and 840 non-Pro.
BP4 aims at the mainstream market and the price makes that very clear. Our 240GB sample has an MSRP of just $179.99. We still get excited when SSDs cost just $1 per GB, but BP4 obliterates that standard by a large margin. Given the class leading power performance, I'd say at this price MDSSD may have problems keeping BP4 in stock so at some point the price may actually increase just to slow demand. Let's hope MyDigital is able to keep the warehouse stocked up.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [MyDigitalSSD BP4 240GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- I am the new guy
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance