As far as AIO CPU water coolers go, to date this is the best performer I have seen. Cooler Master not only seems to have waited quite a while to jump into the AIO market, but they also did so with a bit of style, something they can call their own, and a unit that out performs the competition. What more can you ask for in a closed loop system? I know not everyone has the room for a dual 120mm radiator AIO in their case, but for those who can, I strongly recommend you look to Cooler Master and the Seidon 240M for your AIO cooling needs.
Most of the assembly of the hardware was pretty straight forward and simple. There are two things that were quite obviously wrong in my mind with it, though. The risers always seemed to back out with the hardware and not stay in place well at all when tightened as good as I could get them. I think a rubber washer instead of plastic would quickly solve this issue. The other thing that sort of made me have to work to install this cooler is that one of the Intel legs had a bent screw on it. So not only did it not want to stay upright when I was screwing it in, but it also took some flexing of the riser as I did so as not to destroy the threads inside. I know this isn't so much Cooler Master's problem, but they may want to contact their supplier about some stricter quality control.
My particular issues are likely not to have a bearing on most users. While a bent screw is a pain to deal with, it is highly unlikely that you will get a bent one, there is no way it happened in transit, so I have to assume it came to the assembly line bent - maybe one in a million chance of it reoccurring. As for the riser issue, most of you are going to mount the cooler and it will be a year before you need to grab the pliers to hold the riser while unscrewing the head unit.
What I do want to finish this off with is that you really do get a great looking AIO that tops all the rest at the moment, and is only going to cost you $104.99 currently, where lesser coolers are asking much more. If you are in the market for a dual 120mm AIO cooling solution that is better than the best air coolers I've tested, and quieter doing so, definitely consider the Seidon 240M for your cooling needs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Cooler Master Seidon 240M AIO CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [The Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- AMD's dual Fiji chip spotted as Radeon R9 Gemini, is this the Fury X2?
- Aware of 'let's play' videos? Here's every single one summarized
- This Grand Theft Auto IV hyper-realistic mod is better than real life
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 arrives, IGN says pop-shove it in the garbage
- The important question has been answered: Will the new iPhone 6s bend?
- ASROCK FM2A88X-ITX+ No video first boot
- Hi I Really Need Advice as to Where I Can Find Genuine Asmedia Drivers?
- Samsung FIT MUF-64BB 64GB USB 3.0 Pico Flash Drive Review
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog