As far as AIO CPU water coolers go, to date this is the best performer I have seen. Cooler Master not only seems to have waited quite a while to jump into the AIO market, but they also did so with a bit of style, something they can call their own, and a unit that out performs the competition. What more can you ask for in a closed loop system? I know not everyone has the room for a dual 120mm radiator AIO in their case, but for those who can, I strongly recommend you look to Cooler Master and the Seidon 240M for your AIO cooling needs.
Most of the assembly of the hardware was pretty straight forward and simple. There are two things that were quite obviously wrong in my mind with it, though. The risers always seemed to back out with the hardware and not stay in place well at all when tightened as good as I could get them. I think a rubber washer instead of plastic would quickly solve this issue. The other thing that sort of made me have to work to install this cooler is that one of the Intel legs had a bent screw on it. So not only did it not want to stay upright when I was screwing it in, but it also took some flexing of the riser as I did so as not to destroy the threads inside. I know this isn't so much Cooler Master's problem, but they may want to contact their supplier about some stricter quality control.
My particular issues are likely not to have a bearing on most users. While a bent screw is a pain to deal with, it is highly unlikely that you will get a bent one, there is no way it happened in transit, so I have to assume it came to the assembly line bent - maybe one in a million chance of it reoccurring. As for the riser issue, most of you are going to mount the cooler and it will be a year before you need to grab the pliers to hold the riser while unscrewing the head unit.
What I do want to finish this off with is that you really do get a great looking AIO that tops all the rest at the moment, and is only going to cost you $104.99 currently, where lesser coolers are asking much more. If you are in the market for a dual 120mm AIO cooling solution that is better than the best air coolers I've tested, and quieter doing so, definitely consider the Seidon 240M for your cooling needs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Cooler Master Seidon 240M AIO CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [The Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Rogue One' Blu-ray announced, extras detailed
- I want one: AMD Ryzen CPU review kit looks AMAZING
- NVIDIA to reveal GeForce GTX 1080 Ti on February 28
- AMD Radeon Vega details coming on February 28
- NASA finds 7 Earth-sized planets that could sustain life
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- Is any one from Thermaltake viewing this forum anymore?
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- Z270 Supercarrier - blackscreen 09/d0, cannot switch to backup BIOS
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest culminates with the journey eastward in Stormblood