Before I left for CES, there was some talk about this new chassis from Antec, and I went ahead and told them to sample it to me, and that I could get this chassis online near or on the release date. Well that time is here now, and with some setbacks, like my basement flooding while away in Las Vegas, and the fact that Antec double boxed this sample in an Antec 900 box, I was a little confused. Then it dawned on me, I have this chassis on hand, and the date is fast approaching; I better get myself in gear and get this chassis looked at so that I can make the expectations of Antec, while still giving my readers a themed chassis to look at, and not the same old box designs you are used to.
It doesn't take a genius to go around and look in the case mod sections of any forum to see what is hot in modding trends these days, but it does take someone with the guts to take these concepts and make a chassis that many will find to be a great chassis to start with for any themed chassis built on war, the military, or even just something very industrial. Sometimes ideas such as this can take a huge flop on their faces, as you have to be careful not to go too far, that normal users would just pass it right by. The way Antec has went about this chassis design and the introduction of the GX series of cases, I personally think is a great mix. For those looking for something a bit different, this has you covered, and for those looking to paint and re-engineer a chassis bent on world domination, again, this chassis has you covered.
The GX series from Antec currently only has this one chassis in the lineup, the GX700. In this mid-tower design Antec chose to use industrial clips to hold in the bay covers, and thick steel used to cover the fans and as the bay covers, then painted in olive drab, there is no mistaking the military theme from the front. They also added a missile launch button inspired fan control system keeping with the theme and adding a bit of the unexpected.
I don't want to burn through all the details of the GX700 too fast, or it leaves me nothing to fill the rest of the review with. If the introduction image and text have grabbed you thus far, continue reading, as this new chassis from Antec is something I have personally never seen before, and should be a huge hit once more people know about it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Switch is all about 'playing games anywhere with anyone'
- Gabe Newell holding Reddit AmA tomorrow
- Stock Nintendo Switch JoyConGrip won't recharge JoyCons
- Samsung Galaxy S8 will have a headphone jack after all?
- HTC to launch only 6-7 devices this year
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99