To put it bluntly - the Nexus 4 is one of the most feature-laden smartphones on the market. When you next talk about a "smartphone", the Nexus 4 should be at the top of this conversation. The iPhone 5 has some great specs, but feature-wise, it feels so lacking when compared to the beautifully wrapped world of Google.
Not only do we have the amazingly powerful GMail client, but we also have other Google-owned properties such as YouTube, Drive, Google+, and my personal browser of choice; Chrome. On top of this, Android 4.2 Jelly Bean has Google Now, which is more powerful than ever on the Nexus 4. It can show you local weather, traffic directions (and delays), live scores from your favorite sports team and even flight information. Google Now is one of the hidden gems of Android 4.1 and 4.2 Jelly Bean.
The 8-megapixel camera on the back is a huge improvement over the original Nexus smartphone, and much better than the Galaxy S II's camera, and on par with the Galaxy S III's camera, too. I've taken some photos with the camera, and I'll provide a few here as examples, with a bunch more in the photos at the end of the review.
The Nexus 4 is plagued with the same "purple haze" issue that the iPhone 5 experiences, unfortunately.
Next up we have some video tests using the Nexus 4 on both the front- and rear-facing cameras.
And finally we have some Panorama shots taken with the Nexus 4.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Hearthstone game costs players a pretty penny to play
- ISS crew arrives at Space Station after two-day trip
- Major cyber attack knocks out popular websites
- Cassini's final year of its epic voyage to Saturn
- Nintendo won't reveal full Switch specs until 2017
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- ASRock problem SB fan1
- GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 - F20b BIOS BUG?
- Unable To Update AMD GPU Driver
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system