InWin GRone Full-Tower Chassis
The GRone I received is metallic gray with black accents on the front used in the three removable bay covers at the top and the pop out panel at the bottom that is the dust cover to the intake. Around this is a space aged design with all sorts of angles and even some faux screws to look a bit more mechanical.
With a gentle push at the top of the panel, the clip lets the tab release and you can then pull out the panel to run it under the faucet for cleaning. With a pair of 140mm fans behind it, this is bound to get dirty with all that air coming through here.
The front I/O panel is on the part that is angled to meet the top of the chassis. Here you can find the drive activity light, a LED ringed power button and a Silence/Turbo speed fan controller switch. On the bottom row you are given a pair of USB 2.0 ports, the HD Audio jacks and a pair of USB 3.0 ports.
Just behind the I/O panel you see this rubber cap that says "SATA" on it. You can get the impression that this is actually a very shallow EZ-Swap Dock shown on the box.
Of course you can use this for 3.5" drives as well, but it is really easy to clip in an SSD for the images.
The rest of the top of the chassis then takes an aggressive angle upwards so it can slope down again toward the rear of the chassis on the left. The allows for the louvers on top to not restrict the air flow so much as if they were right on top of the fans. It also gave them room for a bit of steel mesh on the sides.
The left side panel is flat and level to the front and top of the chassis. The majority of the left two-thirds of the panel is then used to house the "I" shaped window that is made from a blue plastic and gets bevelled edges as it bends back to the steel panel.
The back starts with smaller water cooling holes with grommets, but with the internal capabilities of this design, you likely won't need them. There is the 140mm fan mounted next to the rear I/O and above the eight ventilated expansion slots. There is also a lot of ventilation on the right leading down next to the PSU mounting area.
The right side of the chassis looks just like the left side, sans the window. Since there is so much room between the panel and the motherboard tray, InWin offers a fan mounting position for a 120mm or 140mm fan to cool the back of the motherboard near the CPU socket area.
The bottom of the chassis has four large rectangular feet with no padding to keep it from sliding around. In the center you have a dust filter for the PSU on the left, and a double sized one on the right for the optional fan positions in the floor.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sony shipped about 60 million PS4s
- Next-gen PS4 coming in 2018, analyst predicts
- Acer's new laptop rocks unreleased NVIDIA graphics card
- AMD Radeon RX Vega loses to GTX 1080 at 1080p
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives