For years Icy Dock has pumped out several successful products designed to make your storage subsystem easier to manage. One of the oldest form factors for PCs is the 5.25" bay, commonly referred to as an optical bay since CD, DVD and now Blu-Ray drives fit into the 5.25" space.
In the ever evolving digital world, plastic disks are slowly being pushed aside and digital downloads are gaining preferred status. In this new downloadable digital world, you need storage and a lot of it.
Enthusiasts now prefer 2.5" drives, mainly solid-state drives, but most computer cases weren't designed for this form factor, much less several 2.5" drives at the same time.
If this sounds like an issue you face or might face in the future, Icy Dock might have a solution you can consider.
Specification, Availability and Pricing
Icy Dock's MB996SP-6SB is a 6-bay 5.25" 6-in-1 storage accessory that pushes the limits of drive density while actively working to cool your drives.
The system is all aluminum and passes the full 6Gb/s SATA signal to your drives. Dual 4-pin Molex power connectors also aid in reducing cable clutter while simplifying multiple disk installation.
At the time of writing Newegg had a MB996SP-6SB product page, but didn't have stock. Google Shopping did turn up a handful of e-tailers with units on hand with prices ranging from $93 to $108.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
- We noticed the review was posted early last week, overall is great! One thing to talk about is the issue with the screw's length. We went ahead and inquired further about this, and we have the updated revision for the case screws, which are at 2.5mm length. Any further would cause issues with the ejection mechanic. So, our new units in production have these screws, and should resolve the issue with mounting.
Latest News Posts
- Alien Isolation 2 might be in development
- Samsung and Qualcomm negotiating over Snapdragon 845?
- Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 takes 5 minutes to load on PS4
- Blizzard working on new mobile games
- GALAX GTX 1080 Ti EXOC White: dual-slot GTX 1080 Ti
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- HyperX Pulsefire FPS Gaming Mouse Review
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family
- HyperX Cloud Revolver S gaming headset now shipping
- SK Hynix introduces industry's fastest 8Gb graphics DRAM (GDDR6)
- Samsung and Amazon Video deliver next generation HDR video experience with updated open standard HDR10+
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club