I hand out credit when it is due, and SilverStone gets a huge thanks from me with its proof that a twin tower design can be both efficient and somewhat space saving. We have seen already that anyone can build this style of cooler, but it seems up until now nobody paid attention to what the users were asking for, they just followed the same mold everyone else was using. SilverStone didn't take huge leaps and bounds to make this ingeniously innovative; they just took everything into consideration when designing the HE01, and truly left me wanting nothing more out of the cooler, its hardware, or the performance I was able to obtain. This is why I feel SilverStone deserves a pat on the back. The cooler performs admirably and I can still get to everything on my motherboard without having to remove the cooler or the motherboard to make something as simple as a memory swap possible.
The choice of fan is another thing that really sets the HE01 apart from any other solution I have seen. As I say many times, you get silent coolers or you get great performing ones at the expense of your ears. The HE01 truly delivers both with something as simple as a built in fan switch. In quiet mode it doesn't perform the best, but will keep temperatures well within spec, with almost no noise added to the user's environment. I just really like that with the flip of a switch I can knock off another five degrees.
If you are going for the bleeding edge of the chip, you likely aren't going to keep it there all the time, and for those runs, who cares if it sounds like a vacuum; in reality, with 171 CFM of air flow it practically is a vacuum. I really would have liked to have an extra pair of the SST-FHP141-H fans just to see what sort of results I could achieve with over 500 CFM of air, but I guess that is something you will have to try for yourselves.
All things considered, aesthetics, compatibility with sockets and their surrounding areas, the design, the choice of fan to accompany it, the hardware and its ease of use, and all the results I obtained, you aren't going to find another cooler with this feature set. On top of that with the fact that the HE01 as you saw it here, it is only going to set you back $78.98. SilverStone really did plan this design very well, and I think the images and results speak for themselves.
That being said, I ready don't see how anyone could pass up on the HE01 as the twin tower design of choice. It just takes monstrous coolers to a new level and leaves most of the lesser thought out designs out in the pasture as they prove the young buck is the strongest and smartest solution for any processor with less the 300 watts of power delivered through it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [SilverStone SST-HE01 Twin Tower CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- OnePlus clarifies charging cable claims, not blaming suppliers
- Release your frustration with Black Friday, the game!
- Call of Duty rumored to see a third-person Modern Warfare release
- Nokia unveils its new OZO virtual reality camera, priced at $60,000
- Apple expected to launch even thinner MacBook Air models next year
- Tenda AC15 AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Q9550 P5Q Pro overclock
- Asrock 970 Pro3 R2 Freezes Randomnly
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- [ASROCK A75 PRO4] What should my next step be?
- Synthesio Announces Janet Megdadi As Chief Revenue Officer
- Polk BOOM Adds to Ready 4 Anything Speaker Family with New Swimmer Duo and Swimmer Jr.
- Viper SmartStart 4.0 Now Lets You Control Your Car from Your Wrist
- ALL-METAL LG ZERO BRINGS TOGETHER LUXURIOUS DESIGN WITH BEST CAMERA TECHNOLOGY