Just a few days ago we looked at the SSD720, Transcend's flagship SSD offering with SanDisk 24nm Toggle Mode NAND flash and a LSI SandForce SF-2281 controller. Today we're looking at the little brother, the Transcend SSD320.
The SSD320 uses the same SandForce controller, but pairs it with asynchronous flash. Users get the same accessory package, a nice gift and one that we rarely find with asynchronous flash drives these days. You also get the same three year warranty, just like what's offered on the SSD720. The only difference between these two drives is the flash, the price and the performance.
Since its release I can't calculate the number of times I've seen shopping sites mention the Transcend SSD320. These drive goes on sale all of time at large e-tailers for really low prices. When it happens I usually get a couple of emails from readers asking if I know anything about them and, "Are they any good?" Unfortunately at the time of writing there wasn't any price buster sale, but I'm sure it'll happen again before too long.
As we mentioned the SSD320 uses asynchronous flash, something we are not too fond of for performance reasons. We'll put that to the side today and start over, although I can't guarantee the same result this time around.
Let's take a look at the specs and get into some details about this product.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- KitGuru editor in chief apologizes for 'inflammatory' AMD article
- Intel Battery Optimizer Android app now cleans, too
- Assassin's Creed, Rainbow Six next in GeForce GTX bundles
- Microsoft's new 12.3-inch Surface Pro 4 starts at $899
- Netflix now supports voice commands on Windows 10
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- Topic: X99E-ITX/ac with 32GB ram
- The Crew WILD RUN PC CLOSED BETA WILL BE PLAYABLE FROM OCTOBER 15TH TO OCTOBER 19TH 2015
- MLG Announces Broadcast Talent for World Finals in New Orleans
- Patriot Announces New Viper 4 3600MHz Dual-Channel Memory Kit
- Supermicro Launches New 1U TwinPro Fully Redundant, Dual DP Node, SuperServer
- AMD Partners with Oculus and Dell to Power Oculus Ready PCs