Just a few days ago we looked at the SSD720, Transcend's flagship SSD offering with SanDisk 24nm Toggle Mode NAND flash and a LSI SandForce SF-2281 controller. Today we're looking at the little brother, the Transcend SSD320.
The SSD320 uses the same SandForce controller, but pairs it with asynchronous flash. Users get the same accessory package, a nice gift and one that we rarely find with asynchronous flash drives these days. You also get the same three year warranty, just like what's offered on the SSD720. The only difference between these two drives is the flash, the price and the performance.
Since its release I can't calculate the number of times I've seen shopping sites mention the Transcend SSD320. These drive goes on sale all of time at large e-tailers for really low prices. When it happens I usually get a couple of emails from readers asking if I know anything about them and, "Are they any good?" Unfortunately at the time of writing there wasn't any price buster sale, but I'm sure it'll happen again before too long.
As we mentioned the SSD320 uses asynchronous flash, something we are not too fond of for performance reasons. We'll put that to the side today and start over, although I can't guarantee the same result this time around.
Let's take a look at the specs and get into some details about this product.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bandai Namco release 1080p New Gundam Breaker screenshots
- Monster Hunter World: console update released, patch notes
- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice devs shocked at PC game sales
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze overview trailer reveal
- Infinity War Iron Spider Suit now comes with game pre-order
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit