Just a few days ago we looked at the SSD720, Transcend's flagship SSD offering with SanDisk 24nm Toggle Mode NAND flash and a LSI SandForce SF-2281 controller. Today we're looking at the little brother, the Transcend SSD320.
The SSD320 uses the same SandForce controller, but pairs it with asynchronous flash. Users get the same accessory package, a nice gift and one that we rarely find with asynchronous flash drives these days. You also get the same three year warranty, just like what's offered on the SSD720. The only difference between these two drives is the flash, the price and the performance.
Since its release I can't calculate the number of times I've seen shopping sites mention the Transcend SSD320. These drive goes on sale all of time at large e-tailers for really low prices. When it happens I usually get a couple of emails from readers asking if I know anything about them and, "Are they any good?" Unfortunately at the time of writing there wasn't any price buster sale, but I'm sure it'll happen again before too long.
As we mentioned the SSD320 uses asynchronous flash, something we are not too fond of for performance reasons. We'll put that to the side today and start over, although I can't guarantee the same result this time around.
Let's take a look at the specs and get into some details about this product.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Transcend SSD320 256GB SSD]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 14 [Final Thoughts]