Inside the Sharkoon Skiller
After removing what had to be 20 or so screws, I was able to remove the back half of the keyboard to get a look inside. What you find first is the plastic wiring membrane that the rubber dome switches make contact with. If I were to lift this out of the way you would see that all of the keys have individual switches. For that reason I didn't want to go any further and risk spending another hour placing switches.
The green PCB in the last image controlled the LEDs for the lock keys, but the S logo at the front of the keyboard gets its own individual LED. You also notice it is offset a bit, that way you get the glow and not the glare from looking directly down on the LED.
Putting the board back together I figured I would swap out the gaming keys with the regular keys on the keyboard. You can see the rubber domes under each switch and remember, they aren't on a membrane like most, so it may complicate cleaning this later.
Once all eight keys were on the board I stepped way back to show you the other variation this keyboard offers with only a minute of your time.
With the keys swapped out and the cable now plugged in, the Skiller comes to life as the LED behind the S activates with its blue cast and I applied all of the lock to illuminate the matching LEDs near the top.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Tesla founder deletes his tweet that hinted towards 'Model Y' vehicle
- Halo 5 will have a 'much more sociable' story thanks to 4-player co-op
- Pepsi launching 'Back to the Future II' bottle design
- Microsoft's Continuum turns Lumia 950s into mobile PC's
- Ubisoft announces Far Cry Primal set in Stone Age, coming 2016
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio
- GUITAR HERO LIVE PITS JAMES FRANCO AGAINST LENNY KRAVITZ IN AN EPIC ROCK BATTLE WITH THE PREMIERE OF THE 'WIN THE CROWD' LIVE-ACTION TRAILER