Gone is the fancy packaging we had with the R3. The plain cardboard with black screened images and text is a great way to keep the money in the chassis offerings and not into something we are going to store in the basement or closet anyways.
This panel shows that the Define R4 comes in three versions. There is Black Pearl, Titanium and White with the red sticker on the -BL version or the Black Pearl you are about to see. At the bottom there is a drawing of the inside of the R4 as it is shipped to you, before any HDD conversions.
Even though they are using basic materials and monochrome printing, that doesn't mean the information is low quality. Quite the opposite on the back panel as Fractal Design shows off almost all of the features with an exploded view of the Define R4.
The last panel offers you the same Product Specifications and Cooling System charts I had on the last page. Between these lists and the look at the chassis on the back panel, there is little information that was missed about the Define R4 for their customers who will buy this off the shelf.
First off I have to say that I was pleased to see that my chassis was actually double boxed for transit to my door. The doubled cardboard along with the Styrofoam end caps and the plastic liner seen here allowed this Define R4 Black Pearl to arrive in perfect condition. There is also a plastic lining applied to the front panel and a piece of bubble wrap between the front door and the pop-out panels inside to make sure nothing came loose on its way to me.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl Mid-Tower Chassis]
- Page 5 [Inside the Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl]
- Page 6 [Inside the Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl Continued]
- Page 7 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 8 [The Build and Finished Product]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rise for 'Kong' in first 'Skull Island' trailer
- 'Justice League' and 'Wonder Woman' teaser trailers revealed at SDCC
- 7-Eleven makes its first drone delivery, with a Slurpee
- James Cameron talks 'The Abyss' 4K Blu-ray remaster
- AMC reveals The Walking Dead season 7 trailer at SDCC
- Ghostbusters (2016) Cinema Movie Review
- Why do I have trouble starting my machine?
- G1.Sniper M3 Boot Loop
- GPU Ugrade killed my NIC
- Cooler Master MasterBox 5 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio
- G.SKILL announces a major software update for the RIPJAWS KM780 RGB mechanical gaming keyboard