It may have taken Thermaltake a bit longer to enter the AIO water cooling game than most of the other companies offering solutions to this currently, but sometimes waiting leads to better things and this happens to be one of those times.
Most of us know there are the two major OEMs to the AIO game, CoolIt and Asetek, the latter of which is Thermaltake's partner with the release of the third generation of kits from Asetek. It used to be that the performance between the two was similar enough that it didn't really matter much as to which OEM water kit you bought. The main thing that separated Asetek from CoolIt was the mounting hardware. CoolIt has for a while had the better solution, but in this new kit from Asetek, that finally gets addressed and the fumbling around during the installation that drove me a little crazy at time has been fixed.
With a third generation of advances and improvements, Thermaltake steps in to take advantage of the improvements Asetek offers. Mainly, these advances are held within the head unit and as with the evolution previous to this, the heat generated from the pump was again addressed and this new version runs off even less power than the previous two. This leaves the AIO liquid cooler to take on the heat of only the CPU now and does not have to deal with the three to five degrees of heat load that used to be delivered to the loop from the pump operation. So like I said, Thermaltake may be a touch late to the game of AIO cooling, but it seems they chose the right horse to throw their money at.
Other manufacturers offer many examples in their lineup and the Water2.0 line from Thermaltake is no exception. There is a Performer model with a 25mm thick 120mm radiator and is what we are going to be looking at today. There is also a fat radiator version that offers a single 120mm radiator with 49mm of thickness and this one is called the Pro. I also have this cooler and will be bringing it to you as soon as possible. The last in the lineup is the dual 120mm, 25mm thick radiator version that offers onboard fan control which the previous two kits are left to the mercy of the PWM control.
Back to the point at hand, let me redirect you back to the single 25mm thick version that ships with a pair of fans and is what Thermaltake refers to as a "good" solution to anyone looking to start off in the AIO market, in the Water2.0 Performer from Thermaltake.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Thermaltake Water2.0 Performer AIO Liquid Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [The Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- OnePlus 5 is now globally available
- NVIDIA's new cryptocurrency P106-100 mining cards tested
- Xbox One sales to hit 63 million in 2021, says DFC
- Ubisoft announces new Assassin's Creed mobile game
- Facebook reaches 2 billion monthly users
- GIGABYTE Z270X-Designare Motherboard Review
- Intel SSD 5 545s 512GB SATA III SSD Review
- Patriot Viper V570 RGB Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- WD Red 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller