Accessories and Documentation
The box found in the top of the packaging is where the extra fan for a push/pull configuration and all the hardware you are going to need, aside from a Y-splitter for the fan connection.
Here is the universal backplate that is bare metal on the opposing side, but this side has a thin plastic film applied like a sticker to keep it from shorting out the motherboard. On the right and left are the AMD mounting holes and in the corners are the Intel holes.
The AMD supports are on the far left and right. In the center are a set of four screws to set the brackets into the base of the cooler to secure them. I also received a set of thumbscrews that are too large for the threaded screws and these larger plastic washers. The manual shows I was supposed to get a sheet of stick on washers, but they were not to be found.
Then I also was shipped this assortment of goodies. There are the mounting nuts with springs on the left, some BlueFrost grease, washers, retaining nuts, metal washers and the threaded rods run the center of the image. That leaves the six extra rubber fan mounts to have a couple spare as you mount the second fan with the other four.
Of course we have the other seven bladed BlackStar 120mm fan that is also in the hardware box to complete the push/pull concept of the TME III design. Also if you didn't notice on the earlier images, the 4-pin connector is very close to the fan and isn't going to connect to a motherboard like this.
This is why Spire sends a pair of eight inch long braided cables that are male to female 4-pin extension cables. This is nice and all, but as the TME III is shipped you need two fan headers on the motherboard to work in sync to power this cooler as there is no Y-splitter to power this from the CPU FAN header.
There is a warranty card sent along with the cooler. On this side it explains what you receive when you register your product with Spire. On the back of this, as well as in the specs list, it shows that this cooler has a five year warranty.
The whole manual is written as this look at the front of it shows. There are images of hardware and what to do for both AMD and Intel installations in tiny images at the top, while in eight languages, the instructions for each step take up all of the room.
I sort of found this bit in the instructions to be a bit comical. With HDT cooler and a "drop" of TIM in the middle, I find the TIM never makes it to the outside, but gets channeled away in the grooves before it spreads across the IHS. I will continue to lay a thin line down each pipe, even if only three of them will touch my LGA1155 CPU.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Spire TherMax Eclipse III CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance