Accessories and Documentation
The universal black plate works one of two ways. You put this side against the motherboard for Intel installations, but for AMD you flip the plate over and affix the other hardware for mounting.
In this image are the loading block, the four side caps and the nuts on the left. In the center is a pair of universal "clips" that also flip one way for AMD and the other for Intel installs. On the right is double sided tape and eight silver bolts, four for LGA2011 and four for the rest of the sockets with thinner shafts.
The last bit of the hardware kit includes the four wire fan clips for mounting additional, not included fans to the CNPS14X. You also get a Zalman sticker and a spanner, or on this side of the pond, a wrench for those silver bolts.
The user manual is very multi-lingual and if you pay close enough attention to the tiny images and follow the test really closely, you will eventually get both the brackets onto the base of the cooler correctly, as well as which way to orient the back plate. Either way, with the help the manual did have for this cooler, I eventually got the cooler installed correctly.
I mentioned that Zalman had sent a pair of fans so that I could do some three fan testing as well as how the cooler is shipped out of the box. They sent along a pair of black ZM-F4 fans, which are also 135mm in diameter.
The back of the packaging displays the features of the fan first and quickly moves into the specifications of these fans. At the bottom, there is an image of the rubber "screws" to mount this fan to a case and an image of how to do so.
In both fan packages you get a set like this as accessories. There are the four grey rubber mounting mechanisms for the fans along with a low noise resistor to use if you would like. The fans are already supposed to be silent; I don't think I will be lessening any RPMs for my testing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Zalman CNPS14X Ultra Quiet CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [The Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NASA solved the secret of ESA's missing Mars lander
- He changed his name to Seven iPhone for a free iPhone 7
- New photos and a shocking price of Huawei Mate 9 emerged
- Elon Musk describes his vision for colonization of Mars
- Nintendo Switch is single-screen only, says Nintendo
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now