We've got a number of boards in our graphs today with the first of course being the ASRock Fatal1ty Z77 Professional which we'll be running at both stock and overclocked speeds. We'll cover the overclocked numbers in just a moment. Along with this board, though, we've also got the ASRock Z77 Extreme6 and ASUS Maximus V Gene which are both based on the Z77 chipset.
We've also got the ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z based on the Z68 chipset which was one of our best Sandy Bridge motherboards we've tested. Finally to round everything off we've got the ASRock X79 Extreme4 with an i7 3960X CPU.
With that covered it's time to get into the overclocking side of things. Having overclocked on so many ASRock boards, moving around the BIOS is an absolute breeze to us.
Knowing our 3770k the first thing we do is change to a 47x multiplier to give us a 4.7GHz overclock. We headed into Windows and started running MediaEspresso which is our most intensive benchmark and it passed with no issue. With that working fine we headed back into the BIOS and moved to a 48x multiplier.
We got into Windows again with no issues, but after a few minutes in MediaEspresso, we got a BSOD. We headed back to a 47x multiplier and upped our BCLK slightly to find the sweet spot between 4.7GHz and 4.8GHz.
After a bit of time we ended up in Windows with a 47x multiplier and a 101.6 BCLK that resulted in our CPU running at 4775MHz or 4.76GHz as illustrated in our graphs today. This is a nice overclock and should bring with it some good performance gains over the stock speeds.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ubisoft founders raise company stake to repel Vivendi
- Samsung sells around 12,000 Galaxy S8 units daily
- EU fines Google $2.7 billion for breaking antitrust law
- Anthem is sci-fantasy, not sci-fi like Mass Effect
- Nintendo to produce significant stock of SNES Classic
- GIGABYTE Z270X-Designare Motherboard Review
- Intel SSD 5 545s 512GB SATA III SSD Review
- Patriot Viper V570 RGB Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- WD Red 10TB NAS HDD Review
- modded my x79-ud3 bios, processor support question
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller