Before we get into the overclocking side of things let's cover the boards that will be in our graphs today. Apart from the BIOSTAR TZ77XE4 at both stock speeds and overclocked we've also got Z77 offerings from ASRock in the Z77 Extreme6 and ASUS in the Maximus V GENE.
Along with that we've also got the older Z68 based ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z and the ASRock X79 Extreme4 to round out our collection of boards here today. With that said let's get into the overclocking side of things to see just what we can get out of our Intel 3770k CPU and the BIOSTAR TZ77XE4.
Heading into the BIOS to do some overclocking it took a little bit of time to get our head around it since this is a new BIOS design for us. Fortunately everything is pretty clear and it didn't take us too long to get into it.
One of the features that I liked the most, though, is that as we move up in voltage levels the color changes as we get to higher and higher levels. As we increase our voltages we move from white to orange and then orange to red. This is a really handy feature for people who want to do a bit of overclocking, they can move to levels that they feel safe and make sure they don't cause any damage.
After setting the voltages and everything you can see above we ended up in Windows at 4702MHz or 4.7GHz as listed in our graphs here today. This was done by leaving the BCLK at 100 and moving our multiplier to 47x.
We ended up getting into Windows at 4.8GHz, but due to heat, we could see the CPU bouncing between 4.4GHz and 4.8GHz, as it overheated. We dropped the voltage a little and moved out multiplier back 1x and you can see where we ended up.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Das Keyboard takes $20 off keyboards, $0 shipping for holiday sales
- Remedy has finished the 'shivering' end scene in Quantum Break
- Razer injects chromatic flavor into Lenovo's new gaming PC lineup
- NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 900 series price drops for the holidays
- Rumor: Sony unlocks PS4's seventh core to boost performance
- NEed help setting bios
- Sharp GX-BT7 2.1-Channel Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Review
- D-Link DCS-2630L 1080p Ultra-Wide View IP Wi-Fi Camera Review
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 240L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Lexar JumpDrive M20i 32GB OTG iOS Flash Drive Review
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis