Before we get into the overclocking side of things let's cover the boards that will be in our graphs today. Apart from the BIOSTAR TZ77XE4 at both stock speeds and overclocked we've also got Z77 offerings from ASRock in the Z77 Extreme6 and ASUS in the Maximus V GENE.
Along with that we've also got the older Z68 based ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z and the ASRock X79 Extreme4 to round out our collection of boards here today. With that said let's get into the overclocking side of things to see just what we can get out of our Intel 3770k CPU and the BIOSTAR TZ77XE4.
Heading into the BIOS to do some overclocking it took a little bit of time to get our head around it since this is a new BIOS design for us. Fortunately everything is pretty clear and it didn't take us too long to get into it.
One of the features that I liked the most, though, is that as we move up in voltage levels the color changes as we get to higher and higher levels. As we increase our voltages we move from white to orange and then orange to red. This is a really handy feature for people who want to do a bit of overclocking, they can move to levels that they feel safe and make sure they don't cause any damage.
After setting the voltages and everything you can see above we ended up in Windows at 4702MHz or 4.7GHz as listed in our graphs here today. This was done by leaving the BCLK at 100 and moving our multiplier to 47x.
We ended up getting into Windows at 4.8GHz, but due to heat, we could see the CPU bouncing between 4.4GHz and 4.8GHz, as it overheated. We dropped the voltage a little and moved out multiplier back 1x and you can see where we ended up.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- World of Tanks update 9,14 is gonna be big, plenty of bang to it
- Amazon's new games engine is powerful, flexible, and totally free
- The Division's open beta launches next week, coming first to Xbox One
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 patch live on the PS4, Xbone and PC tomorrow
- H1Z1 splits into two games, neither of them are free-to-play
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance