I found myself quite surprised with this BIOSTAR offering. So often when we've moved outside the realm of brands like ASUS, ASRock, MSI and GIGABYTE to name the big four, we run into problems. Most the time we see boards from other companies that run fine at stock, but as soon as we start to overclock them, we run into issues. Of course, there's even times when we try to run a board at stock and run into problems.
This wasn't an issue with the BIOSTAR TZ77EX4. We got everything installed, updated to the latest BIOS and started our testing. We didn't run into a single problem, at stock or overclock. What makes us more surprised, though, is the fact there's a $149.99 price tag attached to this motherboard.
This is a cheap board and sure it might lack the bundle of more expensive options, but the black and orange color theme is great and while the feature set is on the basic side of things, it offers most of us what we need from a motherboard in this price bracket.
Outside of the stock performance, though, the board does a good job of shining when it comes to the overclocking side of things. I'm not sure how much overclocking you're going to want to do on a $149.99 board, but you can see today that the BIOSTAR TZ77EX4 has no issue dealing with our 3770k offering us a strong overclock.
If you're looking for a Z77 motherboard that looks good, comes in at a really strong price point and offers some great performance, the BIOSTAR TZ77XE4 is a really good option. We look forward to seeing more boards out of BIOSTAR in future and hope they can follow the same trend that we've seen today.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Horizon Zero Dawn launch trailer, first patches detailed
- Mass Effect Andromeda PC requirements released
- Obsidian wants to make a Dark Souls-type game
- AMD Ryzen CPUs sold out at select retailers already
- Tesla to double the number of Superchargers this year
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications