I found myself quite surprised with this BIOSTAR offering. So often when we've moved outside the realm of brands like ASUS, ASRock, MSI and GIGABYTE to name the big four, we run into problems. Most the time we see boards from other companies that run fine at stock, but as soon as we start to overclock them, we run into issues. Of course, there's even times when we try to run a board at stock and run into problems.
This wasn't an issue with the BIOSTAR TZ77EX4. We got everything installed, updated to the latest BIOS and started our testing. We didn't run into a single problem, at stock or overclock. What makes us more surprised, though, is the fact there's a $149.99 price tag attached to this motherboard.
This is a cheap board and sure it might lack the bundle of more expensive options, but the black and orange color theme is great and while the feature set is on the basic side of things, it offers most of us what we need from a motherboard in this price bracket.
Outside of the stock performance, though, the board does a good job of shining when it comes to the overclocking side of things. I'm not sure how much overclocking you're going to want to do on a $149.99 board, but you can see today that the BIOSTAR TZ77EX4 has no issue dealing with our 3770k offering us a strong overclock.
If you're looking for a Z77 motherboard that looks good, comes in at a really strong price point and offers some great performance, the BIOSTAR TZ77XE4 is a really good option. We look forward to seeing more boards out of BIOSTAR in future and hope they can follow the same trend that we've seen today.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blompkamp's 'Alien' sequel won't 'see the light of day'
- First look at how Musk's underground tunnels might work
- Overwatch is now home to over 30 million gamers
- Nintendo sold 2.3 million NES Mini consoles
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- G1 Sniper 2 rev 1.0 wont boot with GtX 1070
- H97M Pro4 - Machine comes out of sleep mode when deactivated but monitor does not
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives