Last month, we covered the start of Xigmatek's power supply refresh with the launch of the Centauro 1000W unit. The Centauro is aimed towards power users and enthusiast. It would only make sense for Xigmatek to follow up the launch with a power supply line for those who don't demand as much out of their systems. That is just was we are covering today and what the new Tauro series represents for Xigmatek.
The new Tauro series of power supplies will be available in four difference wattages ranging from 400W to 700W. Coupled with the Centauro series, this will give Xigmatek a wide selection of power supplies to choose from starting with entry level power through enthusiast grade power. As you would expect, the Tauro series lacks a little bit of the features and quality we saw in the Centauro series.
The biggest difference that most consumers will find is the lack of modular cabling. There are some very big differences on the inside too.
Let's start taking a look at the Tauro 700W power supply and see just what it has to offer.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The new Tauro 700W power supply from Xigmatek features a single 12V rail that is capable of 58A. This means the power supply is rated for 696W of 12V power and can deliver 99% of the power supply's total wattage on the 12V rail. The 5V rail is rated for 30A while the 3.3V rail is rated for 24A. The two minor rails combined are capable of 170W combined. The 5VSB rail is rated for 3A or a total of 15W. Total combined output for the unit is 700W.
Even though Xigmatek aims to catch the lower half of the power supply market with the Tauro series, it is still packed with the features that matter most. Voltage, power, circuit and temperature protections are all present and accounted for. The unit is rated for 80Plus Bronze efficiency. All cables are fully sleeved on the power supply, all of which are natively wired. The Tauro 700W features only a single ATX4+4/EPS12V connector.
Pricing for the Xigmatek Tauro 700W is unknown at this time. Pricing will definitely be the key to making the unit a success and we are fairly certain that the Tauro series will be priced well considering its features and performance. Warranty for the Tauro series is a rather short three years.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Facebook will zap free internet to Africa via satellite
- Spurned Pokemon fan raises $4000 to pay for copyright fine
- Jack Dorsey reprises role as Twitter's CEO
- New writers board 'Gran Turismo' feature film
- 'Lethal Weapon' series reloads for TV
- Buffalo TeraStation 5200 Windows Storage Server Review
- USB 3.0 (or even 3.1) header availability for Armorsuit PC-P60?
- Project Core XD
- ASROCK FM2A88X-ITX+ No video first boot
- Hi I Really Need Advice as to Where I Can Find Genuine Asmedia Drivers?
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog