Test System Setup and Thermal Results
Testing for the CPU coolers is done with the use of RealTemp to ascertain temperatures, Intel Burn Test to deliver the load to the CPU and CPU-Z to verify the CPU speed and the voltage being used in Windows.
For the "stock" runs, it's more of a plug and play setup where the PWM of the motherboard is in control of the fans speeds for both the idle and load results. For the overclocked runs, I load the CPU at 4.5GHz and idle results are obtained with 7.5V to the fans while the load run is set to deliver 12V to the fans.
For the sound testing results, I obtain those while I am controlling the voltage at 7.5V and 12V as well. Sorry for the change in the charts again, but I got the full effect of AVX support and 104 G-flops now, so the older results don't directly apply to the results I get now.
The Dark Rock Pro 2 delivered really good results with both the stock clocks and the overclock applied to the processor. The added voltage made little difference to this cooler as the results show both of them were at 26 degrees while testing.
Look at that, it's a dead heat tie between this cooler and the Thermalright dual-tower concept. There are a couple of differences yet to cover, though. The Dark Rock Pro 2 is quieter, looks better on more builds in my opinion, but cost a bit more as well. Take a look at the audio results and I will work out the rest in the final thoughts.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Test System Setup and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung begins shipping its Dolby Atmos soundbars
- PCIe 4.0 won't deliver 300W over the PCIe slot after all
- Ubisoft focuses on fixing The Division, delays DLC
- Gearbox working on a remastered version of Duke Nukem 3D
- Huawei unveils its new high-end Honor 8 smartphone
- Bootable RAID 0 via dual u.2 ports on x99 Designare EX
- Intel shows Merged Reality Technologies at IDF 2016
- Lenovo ThinkPad P70 Mobile Workstation Notebook Review
- GA-x99 Gaming 5 , Recon3Di audio problem ,windows 8.1 robot sound
- Could be used the both Intel graphics card and Nvidia graphics card at same time on Asus K555LB laptop?
- ADATA launches the ultimate SU800SATA 6Gb/s 3D NAND SSD
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop
- Thermaltake new Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG Tube 16mm OD 12mm ID 6 liquid-cooling fittings with 1 RGB LED lighting controller