Test System Setup and Thermal Results
Testing for the CPU coolers is done with the use of RealTemp to ascertain temperatures, Intel Burn Test to deliver the load to the CPU and CPU-Z to verify the CPU speed and the voltage being used in Windows.
For the "stock" runs, it's more of a plug and play setup where the PWM of the motherboard is in control of the fans speeds for both the idle and load results. For the overclocked runs, I load the CPU at 4.5GHz and idle results are obtained with 7.5V to the fans while the load run is set to deliver 12V to the fans.
For the sound testing results, I obtain those while I am controlling the voltage at 7.5V and 12V as well. Sorry for the change in the charts again, but I got the full effect of AVX support and 104 G-flops now, so the older results don't directly apply to the results I get now.
The Dark Rock Pro 2 delivered really good results with both the stock clocks and the overclock applied to the processor. The added voltage made little difference to this cooler as the results show both of them were at 26 degrees while testing.
Look at that, it's a dead heat tie between this cooler and the Thermalright dual-tower concept. There are a couple of differences yet to cover, though. The Dark Rock Pro 2 is quieter, looks better on more builds in my opinion, but cost a bit more as well. Take a look at the audio results and I will work out the rest in the final thoughts.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Test System Setup and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni