I mentioned they had a thing for black themes and the packaging doesn't get left out. Around the image of the included Dark Rock 2 there are things like being LGA2011 compatible, the 180 Watt TDP being mentioned and the statement "no compromise silence and performance" has my interests peeked.
Spinning to the right we run into a bit of what makes the Dark Rock 2 special. It includes the 180W capability that allows for overclocking, the SilentWings fan, the six heat pipes, the use of high grade materials and the included three year warranty are all points to consider when making a cooler purchase.
On the back there is a brief mission statement from be quiet just above diagrams of the cooler with the features pointed out. At the bottom you find a full list of specifications for both the cooler and the included fan.
The last panel offers the same information as its opposite panel, just that this time it has been printed in three other languages.
Inside of the box there is a sandwich of high density foam surrounding both sides of the Dark Rock 2. An additional piece is used to protect the base, while the hardware box on the right acts as the coolers protection from the top.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [be quiet! Dark Rock 2 CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Test System Setup and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Four-part Mass Effect book series links original trilogy to Andromeda
- Sonic the Hedgehog's new 2017 game to have 'huge emphasis on quality'
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Nintendo NX might use both cartridges and discs
- This emotional AMD commercial invites you to join the Radeon Rebellion
- Why does my Monitor show static and lines occasionally when using 144hz?
- Considering a DK-04 when they come in stock, just have a few questions beforehand.
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- X170 EXTREME ECC Build
- GA-Z77-UD5H and W10 Sata Port Recognition?
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines