Today we're looking at a new power supply unit from VisionTek. VisionTek has a long history for their video cards going back many years. Enthusiast's embraced the company and eventually VisionTek brought their products into the mainstream with retail outlets like Best Buy, CompUSA and Game Stop.
Throughout the years the company has undergone several changes and has branched out in different directions, now offering a multitude of products including SSD's, memory, power supplies and more.
Ever since VisionTek began offering power supplies, they have had a very close relationship with Topower. The VisionTek 700W Modular unit today proves that they are still working with Topower as it is a rebranded TOP-700WB power supply.
The unit looks great on paper with plenty of power, multiple 12V rails and a decent selection of modular cables.
Let's dig into this unit and find out if it's of the quality that enthusiasts expect from VisionTek.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
DC output is quite decent for the VisionTek 700W Modular power supply. The unit is capable of 26A on the each of the 12V rails and have a combined maximum output of 612W. Both of the minor rails are rate for 26A each which is very healthy for a 700W unit and have a combined maximum output of 160W. The 5Vsb rail is rated for a modest 3A.
The VisionTek 700W unit isn't the most feature-rich unit on the market, but it has more than enough for most. It has almost all of the features that we look for, but does lack Over Temperature Protection. The unit is also not rated for 100% continuous output at 50C, but it does state that it has a service life of up to 100,000 hours at 25C. The power supply is partially modular and fully sleeved. The only natively wired cables are the 20+4 pin main and ATX 4+4.
A quick search will yield a plethora of places to buy the VisionTek 700W Modular power supply. This time around Amazon comes in with the cheapest price of $87.24 with free Super Saver Shipping.
That's a very decent price considering what you're getting from the unit. Warranty on the unit is a short two years.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- OnePlus 5 will feature Snapdragon 835, confirms CEO
- Divinity Original Sin 2 launches this September
- Unity valued at $2.8 billion
- Top Memorial Day laptop deals with 7th Gen Kaby Lake
- New Dragon Age game could be big-budget, not RTS spinoff
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Asus active pen (for T303UA)
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017