Today we're looking at a new power supply unit from VisionTek. VisionTek has a long history for their video cards going back many years. Enthusiast's embraced the company and eventually VisionTek brought their products into the mainstream with retail outlets like Best Buy, CompUSA and Game Stop.
Throughout the years the company has undergone several changes and has branched out in different directions, now offering a multitude of products including SSD's, memory, power supplies and more.
Ever since VisionTek began offering power supplies, they have had a very close relationship with Topower. The VisionTek 700W Modular unit today proves that they are still working with Topower as it is a rebranded TOP-700WB power supply.
The unit looks great on paper with plenty of power, multiple 12V rails and a decent selection of modular cables.
Let's dig into this unit and find out if it's of the quality that enthusiasts expect from VisionTek.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
DC output is quite decent for the VisionTek 700W Modular power supply. The unit is capable of 26A on the each of the 12V rails and have a combined maximum output of 612W. Both of the minor rails are rate for 26A each which is very healthy for a 700W unit and have a combined maximum output of 160W. The 5Vsb rail is rated for a modest 3A.
The VisionTek 700W unit isn't the most feature-rich unit on the market, but it has more than enough for most. It has almost all of the features that we look for, but does lack Over Temperature Protection. The unit is also not rated for 100% continuous output at 50C, but it does state that it has a service life of up to 100,000 hours at 25C. The power supply is partially modular and fully sleeved. The only natively wired cables are the 20+4 pin main and ATX 4+4.
A quick search will yield a plethora of places to buy the VisionTek 700W Modular power supply. This time around Amazon comes in with the cheapest price of $87.24 with free Super Saver Shipping.
That's a very decent price considering what you're getting from the unit. Warranty on the unit is a short two years.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Four-part Mass Effect book series links original trilogy to Andromeda
- Sonic the Hedgehog's new 2017 game to have 'huge emphasis on quality'
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Nintendo NX might use both cartridges and discs
- This emotional AMD commercial invites you to join the Radeon Rebellion
- Why does my Monitor show static and lines occasionally when using 144hz?
- Considering a DK-04 when they come in stock, just have a few questions beforehand.
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- X170 EXTREME ECC Build
- GA-Z77-UD5H and W10 Sata Port Recognition?
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines